Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Puttees

PhilB

23 minutes ago, Stoppage Drill said:

The Greek Street Evzones.

Responsible for the St Valentine's Day Moussaka.

Liked to wear 44 Pattern Webbing belts at home too . . . . 

Heh heh....my RSM really liked men like you, he always shouted really loudly how he liked 'comedians'.....😂

Edited by FROGSMILE

In sandy places the preferred footwear was the self-purchased Bata Desert Boot. 500 baisa or fils/ Ten bob a pair from the Wog Shop.

Is the abbreviation for "Worthy Oriental Gentleman" allowed in these PC times? 

As a matter of historical accuracy, the abbreviation was the norm for the residents by the RAF in Egypt in WW II.

16 hours ago, Stoppage Drill said:

Liked to wear 44 Pattern Webbing belts at home too . . . . 

Did Nanny approve?

16 hours ago, FROGSMILE said:

Heh heh....my RSM really liked men like you, he always shouted really loudly how he liked 'comedians'.....😂

You should realise that Mr drill is, in reality, the Duke of Plaza Toro. He's allowed.

On 18/09/2017 at 14:39, FROGSMILE said:

I would wager he's not a regular, ideally laces should be tied as per ladder rungs (for ease of cutting through for boot removal when wounded) and puttee ends on outside of legs with point of v rearwards.  Great photo though!

I posted the full pic in the postcards thread.  He has T over 7 full metal titles.

6 hours ago, Jerry B said:

I posted the full pic in the postcards thread.  He has T over 7 full metal titles.

Yes I saw it Jerry, a fine picture of a Terrier, pretty much what I anticipated.

Am I the only one who doesn't like this new format?  Why must they insist on fixing what ain't broke.  Where are the benefits that made it so essential to change things? :angry:

Edited by FROGSMILE