Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

boxes of decorations

razu

Order of Leopold?/Croix De Guerre??? etc Any Chance of a view inside??

3.jpg

Kronen - Orden, Kommandeurkreuz (1.Modell), AR - vergoldet und emailliert, österreichisch punziert ( A ), rumänische Silberpunze 1906 - 1026 für 800/1000, am original Halsband, im originalen Lederetui, Etuihersteller, Joseph Resch Fils Bucarest. Im Mittelmeda

3.jpg

Kronen - Orden, Kommandeurkreuz (1.Modell), AR - vergoldet und emailliert, österreichisch punziert ( A ), rumänische Silberpunze 1906 - 1026 für 800/1000, am original Halsband, im originalen Lederetui, Etuihersteller, Joseph Resch Fils Bucarest. Im Mittelmeda

On your medal says"By our own powers",in Romanian ,1881,which means is given by King Carol the I-st of Romania ,after the war against Ottoman Empire of 1877.

But mine cannot be from then since my gGrandfather General Aristide Razu was born in 1868 ,he couldn't have won them at 11 years of age.Or maybe they belonged to my gggrandfather Doctor Aristide Razu who was a surgeon .

And the C is from Crown or Carol?

And English translation please.

Thank you.

Andrei

http://www.marksmedals.com/romanian_medals..._the_crown.html

... will give you the whole story of the order; I don't think there's any issue with your grandfather getting it, as this type was in issue until 1932 - this Order wasn't just for the war against the Ottoman Empire.

Many thanks.You sure now your trade.So it was Grand Cross breat star.

Andrei

...sorry my ggrandfather General Aristide Razu,Commander of the 5th Romanian Infantry Division in Battle of Marasesti 1917,penssioned in 1928,and my gggrendfather Doctor Aristide Razu,who was a surgeon ,I think in the army too,not sure.

p.s.And the red box ?But by the form of the boxes when do you think they might have been issued?I noticed there is a difference in the form of the boxes.

Is it in german because you guys are jewlers? :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

Hallo Razu, :D

The award is the Romanian Order of the Crown, Commander Grade, the boxes are marked Josef Resch and Sons, who was the Romanian Royal Jeweler in Bucharest, the award is a Romanian peacetime issue, note the lack of swords or Military Virtue Ribbon, which is red with two thin blue lines on wartime awards.

post-18479-1251800251.jpg

In my opinion the other box held a version of the Romanian Order of the Star, judging by the indentations in the material (see picture).

Connaught Stranger, Transylvania. :D

Thank you again.

...and is Transilvania :D not Transylvania <_<

Andrei

Some say Po-tat-oe some say po-tat-a :lol:

Anyway these medals are relevant till 1932 when King Ferdinand died.What happened after 1932 in Romania is out of discussion.In my oppinion.

Andrei

None of your boxes are for a Breast Star of either the Order of the Crown, or Order of the Star.

Connaught Stranger.

Some say Po-tat-oe some say po-tat-a :lol:

None of your boxes are for a Breast Star of either the Order of the Crown, or Order of the Star.

Connaught Stranger.

some say water some say oo-ta

I think is obviously the order in the picture above.Order of the Crown of Romania

Type I, Grand Cross

Sash and Badge

It is like me saying Londra insted of London.

Thank you again.

Kind Regards.

Andrei

some say water some say oo-ta

I think is obviously the order in the picture above.Order of the Crown of Romania

Type I, Grand Cross

Sash and Badge

It is like me saying Londra insted of London.

Thank you again.

Kind Regards.

Andrei

Sorry if I misunderstood, the words "Breast Star" conjures up for me,

a picture of a Insignia sans ribbon and with a big pin to the rear,

commonly referred to as "Ist Class" Orders.

As I was raised / schooled in the west of Ireland, then the spelling of Transylvania is the one I use.

All attempts to reprogram my way of thinking by my Transylvanian wife, have so far failed.

Connaught Stranger :lol:

I remember I saww this movie "Dracula",and at one point in the movie the train stops at "Transylvania Train Station".The people from Hollywood are so incult .When in reality Transilvania or Transylvania is a country. :lol:

So whenever I see Transylvania instead of Transilvania i have this headache.

Andrei

I remember I saww this movie "Dracula",and at one point in the movie the train stops at "Transylvania Train Station".The people from Hollywood are so incult .When in reality Transilvania or Transylvania is a country.

So whenever I see Transylvania instead of Transilvania i have this headache.

Andrei

Take two Aspirins for the headache. :P

When my step-daughter Maria was going to visit Ireland for the Summer of 2007,

there was a lot anti-Gypsy rubbish going around, with comments that anybody from Romania

would be coming to the West, only to take jobs and of course be involved in begging etc..etc..

And the common misconception was that anybody from Romania was a Gypsy, :o

She told people she came from a small country between Hungary and Romania, called Transylvania

and for her entire holiday had no problems with regards her ethnicity.

At some stage in its history Transylvania was free and independent for sure, its just a well kept secret. :lol:

In seriousness I do take your point (we'd get upset if someone in an American film got off a train with a sign saying "Surrey" or "Warwickshire") but please don't deny us the Mel Brooks gag:

"Pardon me boy, is this the Transylvania Station?" "Ja, Track 29.. oh, can I give you a shine?" ^_^

Take two Aspirins for the headache. :P

When my step-daughter Maria was going to visit Ireland for the Summer of 2007,

there was a lot anti-Gypsy rubbish going around, with comments that anybody from Romania

would be coming to the West, only to take jobs and of course be involved in begging etc..etc..

And the common misconception was that anybody from Romania was a Gypsy, :o

She told people she came from a small country between Hungary and Romania, called Transylvania

and for her entire holiday had no problems with regards her ethnicity.

At some stage in its history Transylvania was free and independent for sure, its just a well kept secret. :lol:

Hehe that's nothing.When I was in Uk,whenever asked where am I from , I said I'm Hungarian.Now is your turn for the aspirins.

Kind Regards.

Andrei

Hehe that's nothing.When I was in Uk,whenever asked where am I from , I said I'm Hungarian.

Now is your turn for the aspirins.

Kind Regards.

Andrei

Thats not a problem most British people are aware Hungary is near Wales. :lol:

Only if you were telling the truth. :lol:

Thats not a problem most British people are aware Hungary is near Wales. :lol:

Only if you were telling the truth. :lol:

Yeah but they were not British ,most of them were Irish. :lol:

And they were nice people.

Kind Regards.

Andrei