Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WW1 Uniform

Verrico2009

I have been provided with the attached photo of a couple and one of them must be a family member, but I've no idea who. I've done a little research and believe it's dateable to 1915 but that is as far as I've got.

I've had the photo idependently identified as a sargeant of the North Staffordshire regiment. I've found two male family members (my great-uncles) who served but they were both privates (one in the London regiment of the Royal Fusiliers and the other in the Army Service Corps), so I'm no further forward. The family were Italians who settled in the Southwark area of London at the start of the 20th century so I can't see a connection, unless the woman is a great-aunt I haven't identified yet.

Any ideas on where to look next would be much appreciated.

post-49061-1251392292.jpg

Totaly agree with the North Staffordshire Regiment.

Many thanks. Some more digging around has revealed two ladies who will be related, most probably my great-aunts (fortunately it's a rare name, even in Italy). One marries in 1911 and the other in September 1915, so I'm hoping it's associated with one of them (if it's the latter, possibly even a wedding photo). Once I've got the marriage certificates I'll be able to do a little more research.