Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Warwickshire entering Machine Gun Corps

chrisinstaffs

Does anyone have any details about a number of men from the Royal Warwickshire Regt who moved in late 1917 into various Machine Gun Corps Battalions = including 16 Bn. I am trying to track down an ancestor who was in Royal Warwicks on enlistment but am struggling to identified which Bn he served in until he moved to MGC- and therefore where he served ? I am under the impression some battalions were disbanded in autumn 1917 but cannot find a Warwicks one that fits the issue ?

chris

Hello Chrisri,

In my recent experience here I would suggest you state the name, and number if known, of the person you are trying to resolve and I think you will then find that Pals here have the expertise and access to find the data you are looking for.

Good luck

Colin

Does anyone have any details about a number of men from the Royal Warwickshire Regt who moved in late 1917 into various Machine Gun Corps Battalions = including 16 Bn. I am trying to track down an ancestor who was in Royal Warwicks on enlistment but am struggling to identified which Bn he served in until he moved to MGC- and therefore where he served ? I am under the impression some battalions were disbanded in autumn 1917 but cannot find a Warwicks one that fits the issue ?

chris

Chris,

Can I suggest a either PM to Terry Carter. Terry is the author of "Birmingham Pals: History of the 14th, 15th and 16th (Service) Battalions of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment"

Alternatively, the Royal Warwickshire Regiment Museum (St John's House, Warwick CV34 4NF Tel: 01926 491653).

BTW Terry's book is available on Amazon and I can stronlgy recommend it. If you go to the donation page and follow the link to Amazon then the GWF gets a percentage!

All the best,

Ian.

Hello Chrisri,

In my recent experience here I would suggest you state the name, and number if known, of the person you are trying to resolve and I think you will then find that Pals here have the expertise and access to find the data you are looking for.

Good luck

Colin

Thanks Colin