Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Differences in Medal Card quality

roughdiamond

I have ordered medal cards from the National archives for 2197 Pte Duncan McDonald 7th Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders and 5757 Pte Thomas McGuire Connaught Rangers and they are quite poor, 6 cards per page, black and white, yet I was sent a copy of my Grandfathers by John McCann which was single, in colour and showed the back of the card.

Is the former from another source? I'd prefer to have a clearer copy if someone could help?

The NA cards are black & white, poor quality copies, 6 to a page.

The colour, double sided ones are from the Ancestry website.

Ken

post-927-1250851772.jpg

Hi, You can get much better copies from Ancestry.com which also has the reverse of the cards which sometimes give an address. Many local libraries and record offices have subscriptions to the site and you should be able to look at then free of charge. Printing in my local library is 10p. Regards Sue S

I have ordered medal cards from the National archives for 2197 Pte Duncan McDonald 7th Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders and 5757 Pte Thomas McGuire Connaught Rangers and they are quite poor, 6 cards per page, black and white, yet I was sent a copy of my Grandfathers by John McCann which was single, in colour and showed the back of the card.

Is the former from another source? I'd prefer to have a clearer copy if someone could help?

Hi mate.Did i not send you Pte Thomas McGuires? If not let me know and ill pm it.Im having problems posting up Pte Daly`s card.Cant seem to post pics

John