Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Thuringischen Husaren-Regiment Nr. 12

dutchbarge

After long years of searching I've finally found the correct cap to complete Leutnant Freiherr v. Ledebur's uniform ensemble. Cheers, Bill

post-21989-1250712094.jpg

Nice one, Bill. Now you can turn your attention to his trousers and boots ... :D

As I'm sure you well know the Husar's boots and trousers are the hardest bits to find (except perhaps the lolly to purchase them if ever found)!

Cheers, Bill

How is the cap kept in that position? Looks great!

I screamed at the top of my voice to the mannequin, YOU VILL HOLD ZEE SCHRIMMUTZE UNTIL I ZAY TO STOP HOLDING ZE SCHIRMMUTZE!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist.

I temporarily safety pinned the sleeve cuff to the side of the tunic to hold the cap just long enough to take the foto. Since it was tuch and not jersey or whipcord there was almost zero chance of damage to the fabric. And I was careful not to push the pin thru the silk liner or cotton liners, just the tuch. However, I feel a little bad about doing it anyway. It is not what one would do in a archival setting. Infact, you're really not supposed to display antique garments on mannequins at all. The weight of the hanging cloth will eventually pull apart the seams. But, as I very much enjoy looking at them, I rotate my tunics from storage to about 3 weeks time on a mannequin per year. And never in direct sunlight. If you look at the attached foto you can just make out the pin.

Cheers, Bill

post-21989-1250991763.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Very,very cool.

Would he have worn an EK ribbon as well?

Very,very cool.

Would he have worn an EK ribbon as well?

He did infact win the EK 2nd Klasse earlier, but there was no EK 2nd ribbon on the atilla when it came to me, only the loops for the EK 1st Klasse. While I've seen the EK 2nd ribbon in period fotos, most officers seen with the EK 1st do not wear the EK 2nd ribbon.

Cheers, Bill