Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

brothers medals for sale

daveavery

hi there, these arnt mine and dont have anything to gain from advertising this listing but as i was browsing around (as i usualy spend most my free time doing)

just thought id post link in case there were any pals who liked to collect medals especialy with something a bit different.....

http://www.westernfrontmilitaria.co.uk/pro...products_id=874

cheers,

dave.

hi there, these arnt mine and dont have anything to gain from advertising this listing but as i was browsing around (as i usualy spend most my free time doing)

just thought id post link in case there were any pals who liked to collect medals especialy with something a bit different.....

http://www.westernfrontmilitaria.co.uk/pro...products_id=874

cheers,

dave.

Hi Dave,

Is this not a bit cheap for two sets of medals ?, I am no expert.

Peter

hey, im not exactly an expert either, looks a bit cheap to me but im sure someone on here knows their worth, was just a heads up in case there are any collectors of this sort of thing...

i thought it was illegal in Canada to sell campaign medals.

No, it isn't. There is a Member of Parliament that keeps submitting a private member's bill to make it illegal, but it goes nowhere (just stirs up the media and online forums when it comes up).

The price appears to be quite reasonable, hopefully no-one buys them with the intent to separate the brothers' pairs.

Agreed, that's not 'funny money' for a family pair, interesting units as well.

Yes, that MP is a nuisance - I saw an article in an Ottawa newspaper (forwarded to me by a Canadian Army officer friend) about a chap who, I think, works in the Post Office and spends almost all his spare cash - and he's not wealthy - buying Canada 1866-70 general service medals to keep them in Canada. Is he a parasite, and many of the other phrases used by this publicity seeking MP? If I recall, he'd like to donate them to the units or successors - and has had difficulty doing so!