Remembered Today:

John Moore Robertson

DavoT

Hello Pals,

in the course of researching this soldier, I was wondering if a forum member from Glasgow could tell me if 18 Highburgh Road, Glasgow W is still in existence. Any information greatfully received.

Cheers,

David :rolleyes:

Google is your friend. Google street has covered most of Glasgow including Highburgh Road. I had a quick look and 18 still seems to be there but I couldnt't find a way to link to that page.

Google is your friend. Google street has covered most of Glasgow including Highburgh Road. I had a quick look and 18 still seems to be there but I couldnt't find a way to link to that page.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't give Google a thought! Some senility (:huh:) creeping in me thinks. That was the address from his MIC. Would that still be from 1920's era or pulled down and rebuilt - any ideas?

Cheers,

David

Looks like old stone tenements, so probably late C19th. I would say it was the house he lived in.

Go here.

Zoom in on Glasgow, then onto the west end near the Western infirmary/Byres Road area. Find the street then click on the human figure on the scale bar and drag to the right street.

Edit: Simulpost with David.