Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hohenzollern Redoubt

jainvince

Bit of an update. I understand that the Prefect refused permission for the turbines, as did the local Mayors, at their meetings during January. Unfortunately, as I understand it, subsequent to those, that the State has overturned that refusal,  thus giving permission.?

I am in contact with a local Msr. Phillippe Clerbout . There is a meeting with the Mayors on 17th Feb. to further discuss the plans. He will update me on that.

Apparently, recently, the district was awarded for promoting the history of the area. Particular praise was made, with regard to the Centenary commemorations 2015.

Exactly what effect that praise will have on any development is not known.

I will update the forum when I have any further and more detailed news

Regards

Edited by roundtuit
spelling mistake

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of an update. Following the State overturning the Prefects decision, the turbine plans have been suspended ? for 2 years.

Philippe Clerbout has promised to update me with any further news.

Regards

• Admin

Many thanks for this, at least a stay of execution 

Roundtuit

Not sure how this would work in France but would it be possible for the local Mayor to seek to have this part of the battle field listed, in a similar way to having protected sites in UK.  It would seem that now there is a stay of execution there is a small window of opportunity for this to be considered/done?

Tanks3

Tanks3

That is a brilliant suggestion, I will forward that to Philippe Clerbout  and Jean luc Gloriant, for them to suggest to the Mayor. I don't know how protected sites work in France, but it's certainly worth trying.

Will update as and when I get any information

Regards

Good to hear of the stay of execution and fingers crossed that there could be some form of protection for the site.

I wonder if publicity could be gained through the proposed LoosBigWalk2018 this coming September?

Moriaty