Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A little box containing treasure!

asdarley

Today an elderly neighbour handed me a 2"x3" cardboard box with the comment "You like the war don't you" In it I discovered over 100 photos and negatives taken by a Lt Observer in the RFC, Here is one of the negatives Any Tankies out there know much about it? I will scan and show the rest when I can find time!

post-11647-1248709111.jpg

Today an elderly neighbour handed me a 2"x3" cardboard box with the comment "You like the war don't you" In it I discovered over 100 photos and negatives taken by a Lt Observer in the RFC, Here is one of the negatives Any Tankies out there know much about it? I will scan and show the rest when I can find time!

post-11647-1248709111.jpg

Can't wait to see 'em Tom. Sounds like they might be unseen ones!! before you opened the box---Dave.

Tom That's great! How did you do that?

Download freeware IRFANVIEW, then click on IMAGE and in the drop down click NEGATIVE and voila your negative turned into a POSITIVE

A Mk IV tank tender (hence the word baggage on the sponsons). Used to support fighting tanks.

In the basic photo software that came with my computer, there's an option to reverse a picture and turn it into a negative. Of course, if you turn a negative into a negative, you get a positive. If you can't find anything on your machine, I'd be happy to do some more for you.

Tom

Thanks for the offer Tom but I have now , thanks to your advice sussed out how to do it on my pc. Thanks again

"Today an elderly neighbour handed me a 2"x3" cardboard box with the comment "You like the war don't you"

Lucky you! This must feel like finding gold, can't wait to see the rest

(Note to self: Must inform elderly neighbours of my war obsessions interests!)

Found the tips on turning negatives positive very useful too. My late dad, a war veteran (unfortunately wrong war for this forum) was a prolific photographer and amongst his war photos are a number of negatives that I can now look at

Caryl