Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Another addition to the collection

Guest tafski

I've got to say that collecting relics does nothing for me, but seeing the patience, creativity and skill of forum members is really something to behold. Well done Bruce, keep the photos coming.

Cheers,

Nigel

Here we go job finished am happy with it and hopefully last a few more years :rolleyes: now wheres that tank i need to work on :lol:

Tafski :poppy:

DSCF2204.jpg

Looking good Bruce, are you starting a restoration service for Forum members ?

restoring forum members ?? some are beyond help :lol:

That looks great Bruce, all you need now is a clock mechanism in the middle of it and you'll be home and dry!

I can't help with a tank, but I know a green Renault Scenic that could do with a make over.

Cheers,

Nigel

Excellent restoration!

My lucky number for years now has been 47 (I even have an England football jersey with #47 on the back) and because of the round capacity, I've always had a certain affinity for the Lewis Gun pannier. Wish I could nab one!

I am impressed Bruce, it's looking a darn sight better than last week. Anyone care to explain how it works, I guess I'm looking at the underside that fits on the gun, just can't figure out how the rounds leave the stalls.

Jon

That looks great Bruce, all you need now is a clock mechanism in the middle of it and you'll be home and dry!

I can't help with a tank, but I know a green Renault Scenic that could do with a make over.

Cheers,

Nigel

like i said before nigel some things are just beyond saving ;):lol:

tafski

Good job Bruce you are handy hmmmm I could have a job for in my work in reconstruction :D .

Dan

Good job Bruce you are handy hmmmm I could have a job for in my work in reconstruction :D .

Dan

well dan my next project is in wood see below so we see how i get on and it sort of fits part of your job :lol:

DSCF2216-1.jpg

Thats nice, are you going to put a picture in it?

Gaz

Hi Bruce

Great job on the Lewis gun mag. You know that spade you get me it is still covered in Flanders mud, do you think I should remove it and treat it with the stuff you put on the mag. Part of me does not want to remove the mud but I do not want the spade to dekay over the years.

Annette

Hi Bruce

Great job on the Lewis gun mag. You know that spade you get me it is still covered in Flanders mud, do you think I should remove it and treat it with the stuff you put on the mag. Part of me does not want to remove the mud but I do not want the spade to dekay over the years.

Annette

Annette

many thanks as for the mud get it off and keep in a bag and trat the spade with Krust will help to preserve it for years to come

and i remember those for sale at french boot fairs for a quid each!

Remembering them at a quid is the easy part getting em now for a quid now that would be something

Impressive bit of work Bruce !

Cheers Bruce, where do you get Krust from ?

Annette

Superb work on the Lewis. I would love to see the Memorial Frame progress or when finished.

Beautiful job, Taf! Are you planning on putting anyone in particular in the frame?