Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Rifleman 11357 Frederick Burdett

bigbear

Hi all,

I have done a bit of research and found that 2nd battalion Kings Royal Rifle Corps was sent to France in August 1914. I had a quick search done on Ancestry and it said Frederick Burdett was KIA in Aldershot on 17/9/1914. CWGC has him as being on the La-Ferte-sous-Jouarre Memorial (for men of the BEF with no known grave).

Is this just another mistake by Ancestry, and he was infact KIA in France, or was he killed in a training accident in Aldershot perhaps (but why be on the French memorial?).

I would appreciate any help on the above questions, and any other info that can be given (his service,etc)

Many thanks.

Vulcan, you need 10 posts for a private message; contribute to other threads on 'something' then get in touch and we can discuss 2/KRRC in the 1914 campaign from my partner's grandfather's diary.

Vulcan. He was killed in France, ignore Ancestrys entry as regards enlistment/resident information they have it transposed on every soldier. You are not the first to ask this question far from it. Regards Ralph.