Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Deborah Tank at Flesquières

Salfordian

Do I need to "book" to see the Deborah tank at Flesquières?

If so, who do I contact?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Steve

Yes as it is privately owned, you need to contact the owner "Philiipe" I think who runs the hotel nearby.

Simon

Simon

Thank you for this. by any chance do you have an address or email?

Steve

I have got this. Is it still correct and anyone got an email address?

Philippe Gorczynski

Hotel Beatus 718, Avenue de Paris,, 49400, Cambrai

This is the email address for arranging visits - taken from the website visite.org@tank-cambrai.com

June

Hi Steve.

If you speak a little French pop into the small builders yard on the right hand side of the road as you come into the village from the British Cemetery and ask the chap about viewing the tank I beleive he is a good friend of Philip and is caretaker of the barn. He has helped us out twice on our visits in the past, well worth a visit,I took some lovely pictures, and each of us gave a donation towards the upkeep of the tank. Try you never know you may be lucky on the day.

Best Regards Andy.

Hi Steve.

If you speak a little French pop into the small builders yard on the right hand side of the road as you come into the village from the British Cemetery and ask the chap about viewing the tank I beleive he is a good friend of Philip and is caretaker of the barn. He has helped us out twice on our visits in the past, well worth a visit,I took some lovely pictures, and each of us gave a donation towards the upkeep of the tank. Try you never know you may be lucky on the day.

Best Regards Andy.

Cheers Andy

Cheers Andy

Steve.

A group of us stopped at philips hotel and I know if he as the time he will take you as part of a group and also give you a good talk

about the history of Deborah and how he recovered her.

Geoff

Hi Steve,

I saw the tank about a year ago. It is very interesting and Philippe gives a really good and informative talk about it.

You should also visit Flesquieres CWGC cemetery as in it are buried side by side some of the crew who died in the tank. Cheverton and Robinson are the names of two of them.

Have a good one.

Cheers Chris.

Hi Steve,

I saw the tank about a year ago. It is very interesting and Philippe gives a really good and informative talk about it.

You should also visit Flesquieres CWGC cemetery as in it are buried side by side some of the crew who died in the tank. Cheverton and Robinson are the names of two of them.

Have a good one.

Cheers Chris.

Thanks Chris.

A recent WFA article, I think it was in the Bulletin, has a lot of interesting detail on the crew.

Have you a link?

Deborah's crew at Flesquieres CWGC

post-17223-1248878091.jpg

Have you a link?

The Western Front Association has a web site, as far as I know our publications are not on line though. Very good article, I've been to the tank and heard Phillipe speak about it twice, most recently this year on the US Branch WFA trip which I organized. We stayed at his hotel, Beatus, in Cambrai.

The Western Front Association has a web site, as far as I know our publications are not on line though. Very good article, I've been to the tank and heard Phillipe speak about it twice, most recently this year on the US Branch WFA trip which I organized. We stayed at his hotel, Beatus, in Cambrai.

Cheers. I have emailed Phillipe, and await his reply