Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MIC Card help needed please?

cockney tone

Ladies & Gents,

Pal's,

knowing of my 'anorakism' with anything to do with 'Wars' my Sister in Law has shown me a family medal in her possession, its the bronze circular one that I think it is refered to as the Victory Medal!

Anyway I jotted down the details and have tried to find him on the National Archives on line MIC section but I have failed to get a match! (Failed to get anything actually!) Now i must admit research is not my strong point so i was wondering if anybody else with a bit more intelligence than me can find an MIC for him please?

The medal is inscribed; R L LAVERSUGH. RAMC. With either the numbers 1887 or 1337!

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!

Regards and best wishes,

Scottie.

Steve,

wow!

An answer in four minutes thank you very much, however I still cannot find his MIC on the Archives on line, keeps coming back with No trace even with the name change! Would it be possible for some kind soul to try and post it on here for me please as i am pulling out what little hair i have left!

Steve, thanks again.

Regards and best wishes,

Scottie.

Steve,

tried but failed again, even when i follow the following instructions!

Browser Settings Warning

You may have disabled cookies and/or JavaScript on your browser or your browser may not support them.

You will not be able to use this service unless they are both enabled.

Please see help for more detailed information.

Your"details-result.asp?Edoc_Id=3479803&queryType=1&resultcount=5&FromBrowserErrorPage=Y" required page may not function as expected. Click here to continue.

Regards and best wishes,

Scottie.

Scottie

I trust this will help?

Regards

Steve

post-1432-1248037447.jpg

Here's the text only The page as viewed on Firefox is here.

good luck,

shawn

EDIT>>>>beaten to the punch! Way to go Steve.

Laversuch.txt

Steve & Shawn,

Gent's, thank you very much, I am very grateful. Still cannot workout why I cannot even find him in the index on line! :huh:

Thanks again,

Regards and best wishes,

Scottie.

No. 3 Stationary Hospital was based at Rouen from February 1915 - March 1919 and the Rotterdam March 1919 - Onwards (Rhine Army)

cheers, Jon

John,

Thank you, you are ahead of the game as usual! i was looking through my copy of 'Location of Hospitals' but cannot find where it was before Feb 1915?

Regards,

Scottie.

Scottie,

it probably didn't exist before that date, that's me just guessing though ;)

cheers, Jon

Jon,

You are more than likely correct! however I was just wondering and trying to fathom out what he would have been doing from 20th Aug 1914 to the Feb 1915?

Regards and best wishes,

Scottie.

You are more than likely correct! however I was just wondering and trying to fathom out what he would have been doing from 20th Aug 1914 to the Feb 1915?

Scottie

Probably with No.3 Stationary Hospital. War Diary exists for 3 Stationary Hospital covering dates 1914 Aug. - 1919 Mar. (WO95/4098).

Regards

Steve

Jon,

Do you know if he went over in Aug 1914 does that automatcically make him 'An old Contemptable' or would he have had to come under fire? not sure how you qualified for that 'Honour'?

Cheers,

Scottie.

Scottie,

I'm not a 100% sure but I think it makes him an Old Contemptible but he didn't qualify for the C&R because he didn't come under fire in that given time frame (5th August - 22nd November)

cheers, Jon

Jon,

Thanks mate, may not have come under fire but still a lot braver than me! :D

Regards and best wishes,

Scottie.