Remembered Today:

C Seiler,Kings Liverpool Reg.

fi.w

My gguncle Christian Seiler.pte 4423,died at the battle of Ginchy,9/9/1916.He was with the 1/6th(Rifle)Battalion(T.F)165th Brigade,55th(West Lancs)Division.

I have a very low quality pic of Christian,which i recieved last year,(with great thanks to promenade as we have no other likeness!).I then came across this group photo(beautifully cloured),and thought i saw a resemblance to my Christian,and one of the soldiers.

Maybe I'm seeing what I'd like to see,so wonderd if anyone might like to offer their opinion,see if they see a resemblance with one of the soldiers.

only other problem being pic says 1/8th batt.?

with thanks,fiona

apologies,as i cant upload the group pic the size need.will percivere.fiona

post-34642-1247608483.jpg

post-34642-1247609128.jpg

Hi Fiona,

The group photo is a very famous and much copied one of the 1/8th Irish King's Liverpool Regiment after a trench raid in April 1916.

I'm sorry, but I don't think your Christian is in this photo. There are no 6th King's in this group.

Simon

Iknow it was a bit of a longshot!

this is a close up(sorry for the low quality)of the soldier i thought looked like Christian.

thanks for the reply simon.

post-34642-1247690831.jpg

Hi Fiona,

The clincher for this one is that Seiler did not cross to France until 22/5/16 . . .

Regards

Promenade

ahhh. indeed..me thinks i got carried away with the pic,and should have checked his movements! :rolleyes:

thanks for that promenade. i can put my mind to rest on that count.

regards

fiona