Remembered Today:

CWGC Certificate page

KevinBattle

Apologies if this is an old subject, but I seem to recall that some years ago when I first got involved in updating the Hockley RBL Rolls Of Honour, that I was able to get the certificate page to open up with a photo of that persons headstone, plus any family personal message. Having done quite a few checks lately, I thought the layout had changed, but put it down to simply there not being any personal message and perhaps poor memory. I feel sure though, that the pages now available don't have quite the same "personal" touch. Am I simply mis-remembering or have there been changes?

I think it unlikely that you could previously see a photo of the headstone, as the Commission does not generally hold such photos.

John

Kevin

The certificates are still there - they show either a shot of the cemetery or the appropriate memorial

Brian

You get a photo of the cemetery/memorial and details of inscription on headstone I believe. Never seen a grave photo.

Steve M

Some of the certificates that are for those men/women who died in Britain do not show a photograph of the cemetery. It is however quite straight forward to edit the certificate to include your own photograph of the casualty or the place where he or she is buried.

Myrtle