Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Great Northern Railway Memorial

davejarrett@talk21.com

At London King's Cross Station, there is/was a memorial to the Great Northern Railway staff (and for LNER in WW2). This is (presumably) currently in storage due to the ongoing reconstruction of the station - does anyone have a list of the names recorded? - I'm looking particularly for a C J Barringer

Dave

Dave,

Whilst I canot help you in respect of the memorial, I do have a copy of the St Paul's Catherdral service in memory of Railwaymen.

This lists all railwaymen who died during the Great War, I have checked the listings of the 50+ companies list and C J Barringer is not listed.

Hope you have more luck with a information regarding the memeorial.

Malcolm

There is a list at the National Inventory of War memorials.

http://www.ukniwm.org.uk/server/show/conMe...mUkniwmSearch/1

There is I think just one part time administrator, but I would think that you would get a reply top a friendly email.

Keith

Dave,

Whilst I canot help you in respect of the memorial, I do have a copy of the St Paul's Catherdral service in memory of Railwaymen.

This lists all railwaymen who died during the Great War, I have checked the listings of the 50+ companies list and C J Barringer is not listed.

Hope you have more luck with a information regarding the memeorial.

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm

There is a list at the National Inventory of War memorials.

http://www.ukniwm.org.uk/server/show/conMe...mUkniwmSearch/1

There is I think just one part time administrator, but I would think that you would get a reply top a friendly email.

Keith

Thanks Keith