Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RGA 121b

boris

Hi,

I've been visiting this site for a couple of months now, really interesting!. Have just joined and i'm slowly working my way round all the great posts and reply's.

Does anyone have any info on the 'RGA 121 Battery? my Grandfather Edward Atterby served with them.....I have his war card now and not to sure which information to add to help but from other similar posts i've seen i guess......

Edward Atterby Acting Sgt. 49931

victory.....RGA/121B class 2 6/2/19

british ...---DO----

15 star....RGA 1/B6

t of w f s in ......VI France

date of entry.....28-9-15

I do hope someone can help or put me in the right direction, thankyou,

Neil Atterby.

Neil: Unfortunately "RGA/121B" does not mean that your Grandfather served with 121 Battery. Rather it refers to the book and page of the medal roll that contains his name for the award of the Victory Medal and British War Medal. Regards. Dick Flory

Neil: His embarkation date may give a clue. If he actually embarked for the Western Front with a unit on 28 Sept 15, there are only two RGA units that went overseas at that time: the 18th Siege Battery, RGA and the 36th Siege Battery RGA. Of course he could have gone to France as a replacement in a battery that was already there, in which, case it would be hard to say which unit he was in.

Regards. Dick Flory

Dick,

Thanks alot for taking the time to help me on this, very much appreciated. I'll let you know how i get on!

Regards, Neil