Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Shankhill War Memorial, Co. Antrim

leanes-trench

Hello all,

Does anybody have a transcript of the Shankhill War Memorial in Co. Antrim that they can post?

Thank you,

Pat

Pat,

I have several photos of the Shankill Road Memorial, Belfast. I'm not sure what you are requesting when you mention 'transcripts,' as that memorial doesn't contain a list of names. If you require the inscriptions on it I can oblige.

There is a Shankill Parish Church in Co. Armagh that has a list of names on the memorial.

Pere

Pat,

I have several photos of the Shankill Road Memorial, Belfast. I'm not sure what you are requesting when you mention 'transcripts,' as that memorial doesn't contain a list of names. If you require the inscriptions on it I can oblige.

There is a Shankill Parish Church in Co. Armagh that has a list of names on the memorial.

Pere

Dear Pere,

Thank you so much for your response, I didn't know that the main memorial didn't have any names. Would you happen to have photos (or a list of names) from the parish church?

Regards,

Pat

Pat,

I have both a list of names and photographs, however it will take a few days for me to access them. Perhaps in the meantime another Pal might assist you. Just to explain Shankill, County Antrim is part of West Belfast. Shankill Parish is in Lurgan, County Armagh. These places are 20+ miles apart.

Regards,

Pere

Pat,

I have both a list of names and photographs, however it will take a few days for me to access them. Perhaps in the meantime another Pal might assist you. Just to explain Shankill, County Antrim is part of West Belfast. Shankill Parish is in Lurgan, County Armagh. These places are 20+ miles apart.

Regards,

Pere

Many thanks, sir! A list would actually help me more than photos. Can you post it, please?

Regards,

Pat

Pat,

Certainly, but it will take several days. Is there any particular name you are interested in?

Pere

Pat,

Certainly, but it will take several days. Is there any particular name you are interested in?

Pere

No name in particular. As part of my register of Gallipoli casualties, I associate names with memorials whenever possibe and there were several lads from Shankhill who died there. Lots from Belfast in general, actually. Do you have lists from any other Belfast memorials?

Regards,

Pat

If you google eddiesnewsextracts you will see a link to 'roll of honour' .. that is the Presbyterian Church ROH for WW1. It is done by congregations, underneath the sub-section of Presbyteries (group of churches per geographical area.town) .. some rolls give more info than others. But it should be a big help.

Des

Pat

If it's Belfast casualties you are interested in try this site and database, also published as a book recently.

Regards, Tommy.