Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

GWF Conference and Dinner 2010

AlanCurragh

Dependent upon dates I would be interested (and even my poor suffering OH may turn up too :o )

I'm a possible, subject to work, date etc

Richard

Certainly up for it.

Roy

Hi Alan,

Well done for all your hard work, you can count me in, just need to know date so as I can book flights, and if there

is anybody else thinking of flying out of Dublin then please PM me, would guess that you would be looking at a hotel

where all the pals who are staying over would be billeted ?

Peter

Just giving this a boost again so as many people as possible get to see it

Alan

I'd like to be there. Dependant on all the points previously raised, Are we looking at a French location such as Albert?

• Admin

Alan

Dependant on the dates, W and I are probably interested.

Michelle

Please make this go ahead....I so much want to be able to put faces to nicknames, and to buy Kwaks to all those who have been so wonderfully helpful to me and to whom I owe so much!

Bruce

I am interested but the chosen date will have a bearing on my attendance or not as I have unchangeable commitments some weekends.

Dave

Please put me down for a place. Definitely up for it, both dates OK for me so far.

Alan

As well as finding suitable meeting and sleeping facilities, can you please ensure that the bar is suitably stocked with Kwak to ensure that Bruce is not stressed. A selection of other ales from Belgium would also be appreciated.

Keith

Does that mean Alan needs to arrange Turkish cigarettes, ouzo and a model pyramid for the enthusiasts of some of the minor theatres? :lol:

Keith

Absolutely.

Keith

Keith and Keith - I'm sure you'll be happy to join the organising committee to "source" these items!

Alan

I am interested in coming over. As with others, dates are important.

Alan

My expertise with the ales tends to be more related to disposal and I appreciate that venues normally have their own well established choices. I think we all appreciate the amount of work that you have taken on , and you are entitled to our full support. If there is any help that you want I am quite prepared to try.

Still, at a later stage in planning a hint to the eventual location might just do the trick. If it does, I will happily by you a second Belgian. You get the first one for undertaking the task at all.

Keith

Like Keith, I'll be happy to do my bit towards the event. It looks as if it could very easily become a biggie and it will need a number of people helping to keep the individual workloads down to reasonable levels. To have taken this on at all means you deserve several beers and if it comes off, as we all hope it will, you'll be in a cirrhosis ward by the end of the weekend as all the alcoholic payments fall due!

Keith MkII

Gosh - what nice things you both say! Now the ideas of numbers is firming up a bit, I'll start trying to think about a venue - but I think it's fair to say that it will be close-ish to Birmingham. I'll also pick one of the dates in my first post. Won't suit everybody, but hopefully far enough away that people can plan around it

Any more suggestions for a suitable venue are very gratefully received

Alan