Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

GWF Conference and Dinner 2010

AlanCurragh

Can anyone tell me the Post Code for the venue please?

Roy

Cheers Jim

Roy

Little point, Kim

We will all be able to spot you from the trail of fig roll crumbs.........

Bruce

Roy

B5 7UG

Jim

Can I just correct this? It is actually B5 7RN

Name badges remain a possibility - what do folks think?

• Admin

I'd like to put faces to names so a vote for name badges.......................

Michelle

"badges" don't have to be executive/expensive. Sticky labels hand written would suffice!

Roger

I would like badges, thier are a a number of people that I would like to thank personally and prehaps even buy them a drink !

Malcolm

Yes to badges (and the drink, Malcolm - thanks!)

We're currently thinking of labels as opposed to badges. Individual badges would be a little expensive and if sticky labels are provided with suitable pens, crayons, felt pens etc people can create their own.

Perhaps all Kim would need is a picture of a fig roll and Bruce could have a picture of a green chartreuse with a Kwak chaser!

Sue

I also think badges would be a good idea. I have so many, many people to thank, and possibly buy a drink, that I would like to be able to put name to face. Might I also make a plea for the badges to include both name and Forum nickname, where the two are different, so as to be able to recognise Pals.

As to an avatar badge, possibly featuring chartreuse and Kwak, if it is to be an avatar, will others bring their own 3D glasses?

Bruce

Trust Bruce to work Kwak into a discussion of badges. Badges are a must and must be readable from 5 yards say.

Then may I propose sandwich boards?

or customised sweatshirts?

I would like it noted that it was Mrs. Rat (Orson) who first introduced Kwak, that most estimable of Belgian beers, into this discussion.

Bearing in mind that Jack (Alan) sees the world through claret and blue spectacles, might I suggest the badges are also readable from 10 years!

Bruce

post-14409-1264870093.jpg

post-14409-1264870119.jpg

Something like this?

Bruce

OK, hopefully there will be no objection to name labels of some sort on the day.

Just a reminder to anyone who might be coming to this thread for the first time - the conference is open to all, old timers or newer members - details are in this link, but here is a reminder of the speakers

Thanks

Alan

Bryn Hammond : Cambrai 1917 - The Myth of the First Great Tank Battle

Charles Fair : The Changing Character of the London Territorial Force 14-18: The case of the 19th (Co. of London) Battalion, The London Regt (St. Pancras)

Peter Hart : Aces Falling - The War Above the Trenches 1918

Charles Messenger : The BEF of 1918

Martin Brown : Violets, Kangaroos and Bustards: The Plugstreet Project

I will make my own label from the dozens I seem to acquire every time I go to an event

Why don't all the pals do the same - it will save a lot of time at the conference centre

John

I think the labels will be very simple - a table with blank labels and pens for pals to add whatever detail they see fit! No objection if anyone wants to come pre-labelled of course

Still spaces for anyone who wants to come - details here or PM me if you have any questions

Alan

Alan

Will there be a list of attendees nearer the time?

Roger

So if there is such a list, and if you aren't coming, then you will know who you are avoiding.

:lol:

Bruce

So if there is such a list, and if you aren't coming, then you will know who you are avoiding.

:lol:

Bruce

Or if you are coming, you know whom you might want to avoid :devilgrin:

cheers Martin B