Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

GWF Conference and Dinner 2010

AlanCurragh

Another bump - please let me know if you are interested in the GWF conference/dinner

Alan

As a resident in the Midlands put me down.

tony P

Hi,

Please place John Garnett and Stephen Garnett on the list; very easy as Dad (John) lives in Stafford.

Many thanks.

Thanks, chaps, for your interest - I've added you to the list. Still lots of room left for anyone else interested

Alan

I think I mentioned interest early in the Topic but never said Yay or Nay, so put me down as a Yay if you haven't already.

Steve.

I am really, really looking forward to meeting up with so many of the people I know as just names and avatars on the Forum.

How many are we up to now?

Bruce

Up to 80 attendees, now Bruce. A quick reminder about who will be speaking -

Bryn Hammond : Cambrai 1917 - The Myth of the First Great Tank Battle

Charles Fair : The Changing Character of the London Territorial Force 14-18: The 19th (Co. of London) Bttn, The London Regt (St. Pancras)

Peter Hart : Aces Falling - The War Above the Trenches 1918

Charles Messenger : The BEF of 1918

Martin Brown : Violets, Kangaroos and Bustards: The Plugstreet Project

Please see the first post of this thread for all the details about date, venue, deposit etc

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend, we went up to Birmingham to visit the venue. I must say, I think it will prove to be an ideal choice - easy access and parking, a good sized and equipped hall, room for display and retail stalls, and capable of taking up to 200 or so people in comfort

The function/catering manager impressed us too with his professionalism - they are happy to accommodate whatever requirements we have.

Hopefully the first of many forum conferences - pleaae let me know if you want to attend

Thanks

Alan

May I be lazy and ask (at your convenience) for a recap of time/date/venue address and programme, just to be sure of being on the right track! Thanks.

Ian,

To save Alan the time and trouble of doing that, I have copied the link below, if you go to the Forum Pals section on the home page you will see it pinned at the top.

All the best,

Ian.

GWF Conference and Dinner - 20th March 2010, Tally Ho Conference Centre, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Ian,

To save Alan the time and trouble of doing that, I have copied the link below, if you go to the Forum Pals section on the home page you will see it pinned at the top.

All the best,

Ian.

GWF Conference and Dinner - 20th March 2010, Tally Ho Conference Centre, Edgbaston, Birmingham

OK - I did not see the wood for the trees.... I had gone back to the first post and read the topic through again but not the heading...

Thanks Ian, sorry Alan!

Ian T - hope you have the info you need now

Ian M - thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump - please let me know if you are interested in the GWF conference/dinner

Alan

• 1 month later...

I think this deserves another bump

Roger

Booked into the Kensington so I don't have far to stagger back in the pm. Let's hope the change in management has been a success as earlier reviews on Trip Advisor were shocking.

My £10 deposit now sent.

Roger

I am also staying at the Kensington for the Saturday night. I hope it is OK now

• Admin

I'm hoping it has picked up too! Can't be worse than a place I stayed in on the IOW this year..............or one in France last year!

Michelle

Thanks for the messages/deposits, folks. I'll reply individually in a few days

Happy New Year to all

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump - please let me know if you are interested in the GWF conference/dinner - only 10 weeks to go

Thanks

Alan

Alan.

What are the numbers now after the recent flurry of (high quality) applications. :)

Thanks.

Neil

Around 85 now, Neil - but still plenty of room. Now we have the festive season behind us (if not the wintry weather) hopefully we'll get a few more people signing up - everyone is welcome, whether you're brand new to the forum or an old-timer. Details all here -

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...howtopic=127802

Alan