Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hill 60 - View blocking house proposed.

bierlijn

thanks for starting that facebook group

sotomate

hihi me and a wig, I've been wearing a hat all week

It's a great shame, but the petition appears to be a total disaster. First 2000 were lost, then it's claimed it got back to 2300, but a minute ago, it says only 2066 signatures. What on earth is going on? I really appreciate the effort that's gone into this, and I personally feel very strongly against the development, but it's all beginning to look a bit embarrassing. I had second thoughts about recommending the petition to anyone else for fear it wouldn't work. When I overrode my reluctance, guess what? It yielded an error! :wacko:

J.

Agreed the software is a bit wild, but it is recording entries even though the confirmation part is now playing up. There are now over 4000 individual signatures, from putting together the daily downloads and removing duplicates, and it is the printed version of the petition which is being submitted with the objection.

The petition is only to give an indication of the size of international support for a locally organised objection. Letters form various notable organisations and eminent people will also accompany the objection, but it will finally succeed or fall on the strength of the argument.

Thank you to everyone for signing and putting up with the non-working links and disappearance of their earlier entry. If anyone has any experience with 'Petition script' software, I would very much like to hear from them!

Hugh

There are now over 4000 individual signatures

That's really very good news indeed. Good luck to those who have put the effort into getting it all together, despite the technical gremlins!

J.

hugh did the best he could, and sometimes things go wrong

but the way it looks now, it's great over 4000 signatures, on several forums over the world I asked people to sign, we were on the steve allen radio show several times, someone was so nice to make a facebookgroup.

this has to work

kind regards

sabine

It's a great shame, but the petition appears to be a total disaster. First 2000 were lost, then it's claimed it got back to 2300, but a minute ago, it says only 2066 signatures. What on earth is going on? I really appreciate the effort that's gone into this, and I personally feel very strongly against the development, but it's all beginning to look a bit embarrassing. I had second thoughts about recommending the petition to anyone else for fear it wouldn't work. When I overrode my reluctance, guess what? It yielded an error! :wacko:

J.

Its a good job I wasn't along side you in the trenches J, I would have ended up shooting myself in the head! What a negative reaction to the efforts of people that are trying to do something!!!

If you can do any better..........................feel free!

Tom

Not at all embarrassing i feel.

Just modern tech letting us down a little, the fact that the petition is back upto speed & everyone (if not more) has revisited the petition site shows that we all feel strongly about this issue.

We all from time to time complain about many things, takes someone special to grab it by the horns, take it on & then continue with renewed strength when something crops up to hinder them.

Well done Hugh, i appreciate the feelings some have about developement but the bottom line is, there is an appeal process to use so lets use it. Better to try than moan next time we walk past that site that nothing was done.

Best regards to Hugh, Sabine & the team

Bob

Its a good job I wasn't along side you in the trenches J, I would have ended up shooting myself in the head!

Yes, all very well, but you weren't in the trenches, any more than I was, so to guess at what you would have done had you been there is a bit of a, well, silly proposition!

I did congratulate the people involved, and I've made as much effort as I can to spread the word on things like the professional pilots' forum - it all counts. It seems a peculiarly British thing to do that when something is not working properly, then any valid criticism is booted down as somehow entirely negative and unreasonable. I note that the people actually involved in this valiant campaign (which is a little late, given that entirely lawful planning permission has been granted already!), took the constructive criticism as it was intended - to spur some action to make it look less like something that wasn't working properly, so losing valuable support.

There is also room to consider those, and there are a few, who validly point out that people in other parts of the world shouldn't be telling Belgians what to do with their country. I feel it's a shame if this doesn't get stopped, but on the other hand, we didn't go to rescue the Belgians so that we could hold them to ransom forever more. That wouldn't be freedom, would it?

J.

I look forward to my next visit to Belguim and meeting some of the passionate locals who may or may not win this battle - but who gave it a really good shot....Carol

I look forward to my next visit to Belguim and meeting some of the passionate locals who may or may not win this battle - but who gave it a really good shot....Carol

Casa, you could do us a great favour and get to the cinema on 15th April 2010 and see this Paramount Pictures film Beneath Flanders Fields - www.beneathflandersfields.com.au . I'm sure GWF members would like a review as soon as possible. The only diggers we want to see at Hill 60 this summer have come over on Quantas!

Casa, you could do us a great favour and get to the cinema on 15th April 2010 and see this Paramount Pictures film Beneath Flanders Fields - www.beneathflandersfields.com.au . I'm sure GWF members would like a review as soon as possible. The only diggers we want to see at Hill 60 this summer have come over on Quantas!

I'd love to read about it, but the link doesn't work...

Roel

Gesplunge! Too much beer strikes again. Warning, kids! don't drink and post on the GWF.

Thanks for the link - very interesting - I had heard about the film but didnt know about the Beneathhill60 website. I would be pleased to give a review of movie as soon as I have seen it. - Carol

Thanks for the link - very interesting - I had heard about the film but didnt know about the Beneathhill60 website. I would be pleased to give a review of movie as soon as I have seen it. - Carol

Any body know when this film will hit Europe ?

Peter

Have been comparing the above ground using Google Earth with what went on underground via a mining plan. Unfortunately, the empty plot doesn't appear to contain much underground unlike the earlier thought of developing the land next the railway.

Bernard

post-23884-1264185191.jpg

The guys that made the film are coming over to Flanders in April when the film is released on their to the Cannes film festival

LizM

• 1 month later...

532Sqn in Canada signed I have been there twice what a historical place and a nice bar down the street for a pint.

Cheers

Rick

Is there any update on the planning permission issue?

Roger

Roger,

My understanding is that it's still going through the courts and that the team will let us know as and when they have something definite to report one way or the other.

Roy

Roy

Thanks for that.

Roger

Roger,

there is a hearing next thuesday in bruges, part of the team will be there, as soon as we find out what they have decided

we will inform you all

kind regards

sabine