Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medal Rolls

trooper23

Total ignorance her chaps but could you tell me if one looks up the medal roll reference in a soldier's MIC do you just get his Regiment/Corps when he became eligible for the medal or anything lower down the pecking order

Thanks for any replies

Jerry

Thanks Chris

I noted the reference - very helpful

I think I was less than clear in my original question - mea culpa

I was really wondering if the rolls ever gave info down to Company level Advice that this never happened would prevent a possible abortive trip to Kew!

I say this because I have the war diary for a specific date for his unit and wanted to see if I could correlate my chap with a specific company in his battalion as the diary mentions different company locations and also details a raid conducted by a specific companya nd I wanted to see if he had possibly been been on this raid.

Many thanks

Jerry

Thanks Chris

I noted the reference - very helpful

I think I was less than clear in my original question - mea culpa

I was really wondering if the rolls ever gave info down to Company level Advice that this never happened would prevent a possible abortive trip to Kew!

I say this because I have the war diary for a specific date for his unit and wanted to see if I could correlate my chap with a specific company in his battalion as the diary mentions different company locations and also details a raid conducted by a specific companya nd I wanted to see if he had possibly been been on this raid.

Many thanks

Jerry

It's a big ask Jerry but if you post your mans details someone on the forum may be able to assist.

Regards

John

Chris

Thanks for your help I feared that !!

Jerry

John

I am at work at present so don't have all the info will post it on the soldiers section when I get home

Thanks

Jerry