Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

47490 pte W.Taylor. M.G.C.

Guest Paul L

To cut a long story short a family friend has given me a W.S.M with this inscription on any help on tracing who this soldier was would be apreciated.

Many Thanks. Paul L.

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Paul, The man you want to speak to is Jim Parker of the MGC Old Comrades Association. They have a website on which Jim's e-mail address is listed.

Ian :)

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Paul,

Rob is correct, however the MGC medal rolls, 14/15 star and BWM/Victory medal rolls do not list the Machine Gun Company or after March 1918 the Machine Gun Battalion to which individual soldiers served with.

Jim Parker, is your best bet - he is the Enquiries Officer of the MGC OCA and has been building up a database of MGC soldiers and units for sometime. His details are on their website at:

www.mgcorps.ndirect.co.uk

If you want a copy of the MIC and medal roll, I am going to the PRO on Friday and would be happy to get copies for you - I have the advantage of living just around the corner, so no payment required, just make a donation to this website if you feel so inclined.

Please let me know.

Ian :)

Guest Ian Bowbrick

Paul L,

I have the information on Pte Taylor, please can you e-mail you address to receive the info - for some reason your e-mail address is not working!!

Ian :huh: