Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Non Comm Query

mmm45

Hi

I visited a church in Cumbria yesterday and looking at a Roll of Honour came across a lad whos date of death was unknown.I did a little bit of digging and luckily i think his full service record has survived.

Apparently the lad went missing between France and UK whilst in the CASEVAC system.There is an official letter in his record stating this and three likely cases as to what happened to him

Tracing him proved fruitless and it is listed on his Service Record as "death accepted" 18-3-19

His NOK was also issued Death Plaque and scroll.

I cannot see him listed on CWGC or SDGW.

As he has the above items listed on his record should he be considered a non comm and a good candidate for recognition?

Any feedback much appreciated

Ady

His service record will be sufficient.

If you give his name, I can check if we are already pursuing his case through the In From the Cold Project.

Terry

John William Blamire.....From Kirkby Lonsdale served as 1019 Cheshire Yeomanry and MGC.

Ady

He does not have an overseas death certificate and does not appear in SDGW so IFCP has not got this one.

After reading his record and the strange circumstances of his disappearance and accepted death, he would qualify. Do you want to pursue this case yourself or would you like it put forward on your behalf?

Hi Terry

On this one could you submit his application through the Project

Thanks.

Ady

That's gold, well done lads.

Cheers Andy.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

Returned to Kirkby Lonsdale Yesterday, Great little section in the church for WW1 casualties.Good to see JW Blamire remembered.