Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

235 Brigade RFA

Guest DriverBill

Guest DriverBill

I have the Field Diary of 235 Brigade, RFA, 47th London Div, from April 1916 to November 1918. I hope to complete the transcription soon, eyesight permitting.

• 4 months later...

Hi Bill,

Do you have any information on “D” Battery 235th Brigade Royal Field Artillery.

One of the men commemorated on the Ayr Memorial, Gunner John M Milroy, 966740, RFA was killed in Action on 31st of May 1918.

Thanks

James

• 15 years later...
On 15/02/2003 at 17:35, Guest DriverBill said:

I have the Field Diary of 235 Brigade, RFA, 47th London Div, from April 1916 to November 1918. I hope to complete the transcription soon, eyesight permitting.

Hi, Long shot as it was a long time since this was posted, but i to am looking for information on a soldier who was KIa on 31st May 1918 serving with D Battery.

I just wondered if you could tell me where the battery were on 31st May 1918 please if possible.

I am in the process of collating a list of the places of death for the 85 men named on our WW1 memorial.  So i just need the place of death and any specific battle - if there was one at the time of death.  

I will download the full war diary when i write up the soldiers story.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Louise

Hi Louise,

From the war diary of the Commander Royal Artillery, 47 Division...

image.png.d9e96ab2b162d75895de306c52e0088b.png

Image source: Ancestry.co.uk - WW1 war diary collection

This link should open up on a trench map from 28th May 1918 with squares D.10 and D.22 vertically in the centre. If you were to need any help on how to read trench map references, there is some advice here.

Regards

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/07/2018 at 12:53, clk said:

This link should open up on a trench map from 28th May 1918 with squares D.10 and D.22 vertically in the centre. If you were to need any help on how to read trench map references, there is some advice here.

Hi Chris, apologies for the delay in replying, I only just found your post. 

Thank you, the information is really helpful.  Thanks also for the links, as I am not very versed on reading the trench maps!

thanks for your time,

Regards,

Louise