Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Photo and trench map request - Bucquoy Mar 1918

sammyb

Hi all - I'm looking for trench maps or any maps of batallion locations for the Bucquoy region in late march 1918. I'm particularly interested in the 62nd division and 8th West Yorkshire Regiment.

Also are there any photos of the Bucquoy region at that time?

I have these maps which I found somewhere on this forum. Could anyone tell me where they came from. Also is there a key so I can understand the symbols/lines?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sam

post-42914-1241426581.jpg

That map's from the Official History. For a trenchmap of the area (albeit dated June 1918) try here...www.Pathsofglory.co.uk

Dave.

"Official History of the War" ("Military Operations France & Belgium 1918", maps volume).

As to where would you find it, I don't know (I've a full set sat on a set of shelves next to me as I type! :ph34r: )... several libraries and archives (such as the national Archives and Accrington Library) have full sets that I know of, but it's also been re-printed and is available from the naval & military Press (though I don't think they re-did the maps volumes - these may be still available from the N&MP and the WFA on CD though)

Dave.