Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Grave Photo Requests - Royal Canadian Dragoons

Brian Curragh

As part of a project into commemorating the casualties of the Royal Canadian Dragoons - I am trying to get grave photos for the following 2 men who are buried back in Canada:

RATHO PRESBYTERIAN CEMETERY (Ontario)

- STEEDSMAN, WILLIAM JOHN JAMES - Grave ref. Lot 106

BATTLEFORD (MUNICIPAL) CEMETERY (Saskatchewan)

- BURKE, JAMES A. - Grave ref. ?

If there is any chance of any Canadian members of the Forum either already having - or being able to get photos of either of these men's graves - I would greatly appreciate it. If you do manage either, please PM me for my email.

Many thanks in advance

Brian

Ratho appears to be here:

905987 Township 12 RD, Blandford

That appears to be only about an hour from where I live and I do have to go past there to London to get some photographs (probably in May 2009) so if you do not get what you need, please let me know.

Blandford Ontario

I would post this to the CEFSG and you might get the results faster as our members cover almost all areas of Canada.

Canadian Expeditionary Force Study Group

But at the moment the site is DEAD and I have not seen that for years, so I do not know what has happened. Stay tuned!

Richard

Milton, Ontario CANADA

Richard

Thank you for your offer - if you do get to stop in at Ratho, that would be much appreciated. Thanks also for the suggestion on the CEFSG - I will post my request up there as soon as the website is back up & running.

There are actually 12 Dragoons buried in Canada but the other 10 have grave photographs already on the Canadian Virtual War Memorial which I hope to be able to use. I have emailed the CVWM asking for permission so hopefully that will come through.

Regards

Brian

Archived