Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sherwood Foresters

Guest jjeffwilson68

Guest jjeffwilson68

I am asking for any information with regard to the 15th Bn.attached .105thTM Bty., Sherwood Foresters ( Notts and Derbys ).

or about the battles they were involved in during 1916.

Many Thanx

Jeff

I think there is a history of the 15th Battalion called "Blast of War" - it was a Bantam Battalion. I think Ray Westalke (bookseller) still has copies.

There is a copy of the book at UKBookworld.com

Bacon, Maurice & Langley, David. THE BLAST OF WAR - A History of Nottingham's Bantams. 15th Battalion Sherwood Foresters 1915-1919.

Nottingham: The Sherwood Press, 1986. 1st UK edition. Frontis. Illus. in b/w & with maps. 106pp. Fine in near fine dustwrapper: a little darkening to both panels. (Book ref. 004072) £14.00

Blast of War: A History of Nottingham's Bantams - 15th (S) Battalion Sherwood Foresters 1915-1919£9-95 from Ray Westlake - on spec offer at the moment!!

Jeff,

I've got Blast of War, bits of diaries and quite a lot of info for the battalion during the Battle of the Somme, especially their Trones Wood tribulations. Place another post with more details of what you have and what you want and I'll see what I can do.

All the best,

Andrew

• 1 month later...
Guest jjeffwilson68

May I thank everyone for their help in providing me witrh information about my Grandfather.

I have now obtained The Blast of War from Maurice Bacon who was very kind to help me.

In the book is a photograph who my family are 100% certain is my Grandad and was in the same company as maurice Bacons Dad. Once again many thanks to all.

Jeff

Jeff,

I haven't forgotten you - I'll do a proper root through all my stuff once the DIY is complete and I can once again get to all my files!! Bear with me.........

All the best,

Andrew