Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

LT-COL ARTHUR JOSEPH BERKELEY ADDISON

Promenade

I am currently researching all of the officers who were killed in action on the Somme 1/7/16. I would be grateful if any forum member could add any information on Lt-Col AJB Addison. (His papers are not available at the NA and although I have a photo of him I have little personal detail)

Lieutenant-Colonel

ARTHUR JOSEPH BERKELEY ADDISON

9 York and Lancaster Regt

Arthur Joseph Berkeley Addison was born in 1867 the son of General Thomas Addison, C.B. and Ellen Gillespie Addison. He was the husband of Mildred Jeanne Addison (nee De Gilibert), of 18, Hans Rd., Chelsea, London and is buried in Becourt Military Cemetery, Becordel-Becourt, Plot I. Row W. Grave 23.

Thankyou

I am currently researching all of the officers who were killed in action on the Somme 1/7/16.

Out of interest, what are you researching them for? A book?

Paul,

Yes I am just writing up my research which I have been compiling over the last 5 years or so. Of the 997 officers I have so far traced just over 400 photos - the search goes on.

Please don't tell me that you are working on the same project and are just about to publish!

Joe

:lol:

No, don't worry, Joe. I was just curious - as a book on this is long overdue. I wish you every success and look forward to reading the end result.