Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Harry Butt 8th Lincolns

john gregory

Here is an exellent photo of 40689 Pte Harry Butt 8th Lincolns 37th Div. On his tunic shows the insignia the Division horseshoe, yellow circle battle patch with company bar under. Also machine gunner badge, good conduct stripe and two wound stripes. Sadly Harry was kia on 4.4.1918.

post-20062-1236284791.jpg

Harry's letters home and details of where he was billeted at Luton are avaliable at the Lincolnshire Archives for anyone who is visiting the archives at any time

John

Harry enlisted into the 2/4th Lincs in mid May 1915. Was renumbered when he was transferred to the 8th Lincs, (most likely 20 Nov 1916). Killed by shellfire at Rosignol Wood.

Jim

• 1 month later...
Harry enlisted into the 2/4th Lincs in mid May 1915. Was renumbered when he was transferred to the 8th Lincs, (most likely 20 Nov 1916). Killed by shellfire at Rosignol Wood.

Jim

Hi Jim

Do you have any more information on Harry Butt at all. I am attempting to do a biography of him for a degree project.

Many thanks

Gina

• 10 years later...

Hi Gina,

I don't know if this post will find you but I am trying to find out more information about Harry Butt as discussed as he is my Great Great Grandfather and plan on taking my grandfather over later this year. If you did write a biography about him I would love to fins out more.

Thanks

• Admin
2 hours ago, StevenButt said:

Hi Gina,

I don't know if this post will find you but I am trying to find out more information about Harry Butt as discussed as he is my Great Great Grandfather and plan on taking my grandfather over later this year. If you did write a biography about him I would love to fins out more.

Thanks

Steven, welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately Gina hasn't been onto the forum since 2009 But if you reply to this you will then be able to send her a private message (click on her name and then message). That will trigger an email to the address she registered with and providing she is still using it will be alerted to your message.

In the meantime good luck with your research and feel free to ask questions.

Regards

David