2Lt William Kingsbury Simpson KIA 05/06/17 22nd Bn Northumberland Fusilers

Many Thanks

Peter

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help and time.

All the best,

Tim

I'd be grateful if you could have a look for

2nd/Lieut. Eddie Fisher - 3rd East Lancs (attached 8th Bn.) East Lancashire Regiment. kia - 16/11/16 (aged 17!)

also

Lieut. Thomas Malcolm Macqueen, 8th Bn East Lancshire Regiment. kia - 15/7/16 aged 29.

Thanks for your time on this. I appreciate your efforts.

Stephen Barker

Steve

Many thanks for the obit. on Capt. Hensley. It printed out OK. I have been in contact with Dean Close School and Wilfred is mentioned in their roll of honour plus a photo. A bonus is that I work at another school in Cheltenham so I can arrange to pop round and take a look.

Clare

Steve

Many thanks for the obit. on Capt. Hensley. It printed out OK. I have been in contact with Dean Close School and Wilfred is mentioned in their roll of honour plus a photo. A bonus is that I work at another school in Cheltenham so I can arrange to pop round and take a look.

Clare

Clare,

great to hear that you will be getting a portrait picture from Dean Close. I'm glad to have been of assistance. Please email me a picture of Capt. Hensley if you get the time. Always happy to help out via the forum.

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

Would be gratful if you could look up the following

Second Lieutenant, WILLIAM CUNNINGHAM, 4th Bn. attd. 1st Bn. Royal Irish Fusiliers. 1st October 1918

Second Lieutenant, CHARLES LENNOX HENRY, 3rd Bn. attd. 7th Bn. Royal Irish Fusiliers. 16th August 1917

Lieutenant, THOMAS OSBORNE JOSEPH KAVANAGH, 3rd Bn. attd. 1st Bn. Royal Irish Fusiliers. 24th August 1918

Second Lieutenant, LAURENCE HENRY MARTIN, 9th Bn. Royal Irish Fusiliers. 23rd November 1917

Regards

Andy

I'd be grateful if you could have a look for

2nd/Lieut. Eddie Fisher - 3rd East Lancs (attached 8th Bn.) East Lancashire Regiment. kia - 16/11/16 (aged 17!)

also

Lieut. Thomas Malcolm Macqueen, 8th Bn East Lancshire Regiment. kia - 15/7/16 aged 29.

Thanks for your time on this. I appreciate your efforts.

Stephen Barker

Stephen,

looked for both and unfortunately couldn't see anything. Also looked in quite a few Sphere issues as well.

If you know what schools they attended then that could be the next option to try.

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

Would be gratful if you could look up the following

Second Lieutenant, WILLIAM CUNNINGHAM, 4th Bn. attd. 1st Bn. Royal Irish Fusiliers. 1st October 1918

Second Lieutenant, CHARLES LENNOX HENRY, 3rd Bn. attd. 7th Bn. Royal Irish Fusiliers. 16th August 1917

Lieutenant, THOMAS OSBORNE JOSEPH KAVANAGH, 3rd Bn. attd. 1st Bn. Royal Irish Fusiliers. 24th August 1918

Second Lieutenant, LAURENCE HENRY MARTIN, 9th Bn. Royal Irish Fusiliers. 23rd November 1917

Regards

Andy

Andy,

no luck with any of these in the Illustrated london News. However, looked in De Ruvignys and found an obituary write-up for 2nd Lt. L.H. Martin which I can transcribe here if it is of use.

Regards,

Steve

• 2 months later...

;) Hi Steve

can you have a look for two officers, brothers

2/LT, Alfred Thomas Penketh (south staffs) k.i.a 12/5/17

Capt, Robert Charles Penketh (N/Fusiliers) d.o.w 16/4/17

all the best

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Cliff,

re query about Cambridgeshire Officers in the ILN - I could not find Sir H G T Butlin, Bart, (known as Guy), Cambridgeshire Rgt, killed 16-9-16.

There are only 2 Cambridgeshire Rgt. Officer entries over 2 years:-

May 1st 1915: Lieut. J.D. Smalley

Sept 28th 1918: Lieut-Col. Edward T. Smith, D.S.O.

Regards,

Steve

Cliff,

picture of Lieutenant John Douglas Smalley, killed in action aged 20 on 15th March 1915. A Cambridgeshire chap, from Whittlesey. Buried VOORMEZEELE ENCLOSURE No.3.

Regards,

Steve

post-28-1089226771.jpg

• 6 months later...

Steve,

Could I please trouble you to check whether one 2/Lt Percy Cargill Reid, of the 10th Battn. (Queen's Westminster Rifles), 16th London Regiment, who died 6 May 1917 near Arras, is listed on your rolls, please?

Thank you in advance!

Christopher Reid.

Steve,

Could I please trouble you to check whether one 2/Lt Percy Cargill Reid, of the 10th Battn. (Queen's Westminster Rifles), 16th London Regiment, who died 6 May 1917 near Arras, is listed on your rolls, please?

Thank you in advance!

Christopher Reid.

Chris,

here is a Roll of Honour picture of Second Lieutenant Percy Cargill Reid, 16th Battalion London Regiment (Queen's Westminster Rifles), killed in action.

Best regards,

Steve

post-28-1105807713.jpg

Could you possibly look up

Eric Canty Andrews, 2nd Lieutenant, 9th Field Company, Royal Engineers.

He was killed in action on Thursday, 12 October 1916 (Trones Wood.)

Thank you

William

Hi there

Anything on John Aubrey MOORE, 7th Bn South Staffs, kia Gallipoli around 8th August 1915?

TIA!

Simon

Hello Steve,

If you have not by now regretted making your generous offer, and have the time; please a look up of

MOYNA, Edward Gerald James, Capt. Royal Scots Fusiliers KIA Loos 26 Sep 1915

Thanks, Bill

• 4 weeks later...
Could you possibly look up

Eric Canty Andrews, 2nd Lieutenant, 9th Field Company, Royal Engineers.

He was killed in action on Thursday, 12 October 1916 (Trones Wood.)

Thank you

William

William,

sorry for the delay in replying. I have now looked through the complete ILN and as many of the Sphere magazine as I have for late 1916. Sorry, no record there for 2/Lt E.C. Andrews. :(

Steve

Hi there

Anything on John Aubrey MOORE, 7th Bn South Staffs, kia Gallipoli around 8th August 1915?

TIA!

Simon

Simon,

sorry for the delay in replying.

Have located your man in the ILN. Will get you a scan from the 'DEAD ON THE FIELD OF HONOUR' page as soon as I can. :)

There's also a very nice entry for Lieut-Col. A.H. Daukes on an earlier listing.

Regards,

Steve

Hello Steve,

If you have not by now regretted making your generous offer, and have the time; please a look up of

Thanks, Bill

Hello Bill,

There is nothing in the ILN for Captain E.G.J. Moyna. I haven't had time to look in the Sphere yet, although I have his portrait and obituary in the Roll of Honor publication.

Regards,

Steve

There is nothing in the ILN for Captain E.G.J. Moyna. I haven't had time to look in the Sphere yet, although I have his portrait and obituary in the Roll of Honor publication.

Many thanks Steve for your reply. Any chance you could post the pic and obit from the ROH. I have no picture of this relation.

Regds Bill

Steve

You have already helped me once in this thread, but if you could find any of these officers, it would be wonderful.

They are all 6th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers, who have a Military Cross or DSO.

Capt. Drummond - Kearsley Mathwin or Mathurin. D O W 24/03/1918

Capt. Dunford - Roy Craig. D O W 10/11/1916

Lt. Leech - Arthur William. D O W 12/04/1918

2/Lt. Clephan - William Richmond K in A 7/7/1917

Just if you have the time.

Kate

Many thanks Steve for your reply. Any chance you could post the pic and obit from the ROH. I have no picture of this relation.

Regds Bill

Bill,

here is the picture and first part of the obituary.

Regards, Steve

post-28-1108428860.jpg