Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Illustrated London News

Stephenb

Dear Steve,

If you are still doing photo look-ups, I would be grateful if you could check if my great uncle 2nd Lieut Robert Smith is among those pictured. He was in the 2nd Battalion KOYLI and died on the first day of the Somme at Thiepval. I have very few details and no photo of him.

Thanks.

Peter Smith

Is he back ? as its still nearly 2 years since Steve had a post

MC

See post #550.

D

So tom is steve now ?

Hi Steve,

Would it be possible for you to check if there is a photo of my Great Uncle, Major Edwin Arundel Hill, 8th battalion, Royal Sussex Regiment. He died on October 26, 1918. I believe his regiment number was 2830. Many thanks and kindest regards...

Laura

Ottawa, Canada

• 1 month later...

Hi Stephen,

Could you do a look up for me for:

2nd Lt Samuel Shorten Arthur Wade, Lincolnshire Regiment, commissioned 1st Nov 1914, MIA/KIA at Kemmel 8th Dec 1914 - recorded on Le Touret Memorial

Many Thanks

Photo of 2nd Lieut. Samuel Shorter Arthur Wade from The Bond of Sacrifice, Volume I:

post-765-049519400 1279089248.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest dhthomson

I am seeking information or photos of my uncle (my Mother's brother) 2/Lt Wiiliam Hendry 17th Middlesex KIA 27 July 1916 at Delville Wood. He was from Ildord. I have read the excellent When the Whistle Blows, which gave me new information, but I would be pleased if anyone can provide a photo or more data. I only have i very small locket photo. I have the Thiepval CWGC record.

Thanks

DonT

• 5 months later...

Hi, wondering would you have any details/photo of 2nd Lt Robert Percy Meade Rifle Brigade KIA 11th July 1916 aged 20Regards

Kenny

• 3 weeks later...

I would be obliged if you would kindly look for:

Captain Thomas Geoffrey Brocklebank RFA kia 5 August 1916 while serving with 277 Bde RFA.

Many thanks

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hi Stephen

I wonder if you have a picture of

Captain William Henry Charlewood

6th Batt. Northumberland Fusiliers Territorial Force

Died of wounds: 22nd July 1916.

This is all the info. I have about him.

Thanks for offering to look.

Kate

Good evening Kate,

I know this is a very late reply but I have some info on Captain W H Charelwood if you would like it.

Are you a relative?

Regards

Alan

• 3 months later...

Steve,

I also would like to see the image of Percy Cargill Reid, if you have it handy now. My grandfather was his younger brother.

Martin Reid

QUOTE (grende; @ Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:53:39 +0000)Steve,

Could I please trouble you to check whether one 2/Lt Percy Cargill Reid, of the 10th Battn. (Queen's Westminster Rifles), 16th London Regiment, who died 6 May 1917 near Arras, is listed on your rolls, please?

Thank you in advance!

Christopher Reid.

Chris,

here is a Roll of Honour picture of Second Lieutenant Percy Cargill Reid, 16th Battalion London Regiment (Queen's Westminster Rifles), killed in action.

Best regards,

Steve

• 3 years later...

Hello:

I appreciate that this is a very old thread but could you look up the following I would be very grateful

1) Herbert Theodore Penrhy Evans (Lieutenant RA killed in action in Salonica on 4 October 1916)

2) Patrick Joseph O’Kelly (Lieutenant RA killed in action near Ovillers on the 26 September 1916)

3) William Boyd (Lieutenant RA, MC KIA 24 March 1918)

4) John Boyd (2 Lieutenant The Cameronians, brother of above, KIA 29 Oct. 1916)

Cheers

Andy