Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Richard W Bland

Guest mistylincs

Guest mistylincs

I am trying to trace my Uncle who died in the first world war. The only thing I know for sure is that he joined the East Yorkshire Regiment and couldn't have been very old because he was born at Eastville in Lincolnshire in 1899. According to my Father nothing was found of him. I have looked in obviouse places but haven't found him. I was wondering if his records could have been destroyed by the bombing in world war 2. The other person I have found is a Richard W Bland No 39272 Highland Light Infantry who was also born at Eastville and enlisted at Oakham where my father did a lot of his growing up. William did have a Brother Richard but he lived to a good age. If anyone could shed some more light on these two soldiers I would be very greatful

Thankyou

Mistylincs.

Hi mistylincs and welcome to the Forum.

Not sure if I have read your post correctly - are you looking for a Richard W and a William Bland? Maybe if you have a look on CWGC (there are 215 Blands) as a starter. Good luck with your search

Diane

• Admin

If you post this in the Soldiers section you should get more people looking at your post and hopefully more replies. Good luck.

Michelle

Misty,

As Michelle has pointed out, you might get more people seeing this if it is in the soldiers section, so I will move it there for you.

Andy