Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Joseph Judd Territorial Force

lyndysnowbird

Thats the very men, John Craven and Thomas Craven his brother. Horace Reginald Bird was a 2nd cousin of Jesse Bird 5th BnThey shared the same grandparents.

Also a Bird in Stanwick too William Sydney Bird, another relative on Jesse's side but a bit more distant.

Lynn

The Bird articles are in several bits due to size on the page. Time for you to let me have your e-mail address, perhaps?

Just seen the article on William Sydney Bird too!

I can also send you a copy of my transcription of the 1/4th Battalion's part of the Regimental History, as there seem to be a lot in the 1/4th Battalion!

Send me a PM (Personal Message) via my Forum profile - click on my forum name to the left....

Steve.

P.S. Since we're now on page 2 of the topic, you might have missed the article on Tom Cooke I just posted on page 1....

Rushden Echo, 22-10-1915

post-6536-1236294952.jpg

Steve.

The private Bird referred to in the Tom cooke article was Jesse bird he was married to Jesse's sister Frances. They had only been married a few days when he went to the Front.

A wonderful article and it has helped me piece together as few things in my tree.. We had a photograph of a mystery man and no-one knew who he was, yes it was Tom Cooke!! Thanks

I can't thank you enough for all of this information, wish I could return the compliment but useless at WWI research. Better on Family trees if I can help there.

Off to bed now catch you tomorrow. nite

Lynn