Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

WISSELER, Hans Otto Ludwig

roger

Hello roger,

This is really great information and exactly what can be done with all of the forum members giving what they can. It would be great if it always worked this way.

Ralph

Hello Ralph,

I never dreamed I would have this much information about Oberleutnant Wisseler. Ulrich did a fantastic job. Isn't the internet great :D

Roger

• 1 year later...

Hello. I have missed to inform you all about the last news. I have found some descendants for Wisseler´s brother and they had some photos from Oberleutnant Wisseler. Here they are

HansWisseleralsSoldat1914-18.jpgHansWisseleralsSoldat1914-18a.jpg

HansalsSoldata.jpg

I think that is a fine end for that story

I think that is a fine end for that story

Splendid photos, Ulrich – but it need not be the end of the story. The first two photos are surely suitable for modelling – over to you, Roger ...

It was really not the end of the story. I have had sculpted a figure showing Wisseler on his way to the POW-Camp. That figure was made before we got the pictures showing him in flesh. Roger has painted the figure, but on the way back from England to Germany the parcel was destroyed and the figure was lost.

So we had only some photos of the painted figure. But I think I will do another figure showing Wisseler and the other officier in the trench "Zur Kaiserschanze". But at the moment I sclupt a figure for Roger showing a german U-Boat-Soldier WWI

I was about to tell the story of the model Wisseler but you beat to it Ulrich.

Equally distressing was the bottles of Black Sheep ale that were also destroyed :o But all is not lost, as Ulrich said the model was sculpted by Ulrich before we had the photo's of the man himself so one day.......

Roger

• 10 years later...

Just in case any of you are interested, there will be a moment during HC tomorrow at 9:15 in St Paul's Healey to remember Oberleutnant Wisseler, just a few days before the 100th anniversary of his death.  After the service we shall  place a cross with a Vergissmichnicht on his grave.