Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Corp Allan Kennedy s/n2690 1st Gordons

billy201

Hi there i am trying to find out about Corporal Allan Kennedy s/n2690 1st bn Gordon Highlanders . I am trying to find out where he was born, and enlisted, and any other thing I can find out about him , thanking you, all the best, yours Inniskilling ;)

Born: Anderston, Lanarkshire

Enlisted:Glasgow

Died of wounds.

Additional information: Son of Francis and Elizabeth Oliver Kennedy, of 34, Carrick St., Anderston, Glasgow.

Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead

Grave/Memorial Reference: Enclosure No.2 II. C. 14.

Cemetery: BEDFORD HOUSE CEMETERY

HTH

Garry

1901 census

Name: Allen Kennedy

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1885

Relationship: Son

Father's Name: Francis

Mother's Name: Elizabeth

Where born: Glasgow, Lanarkshire

Registration Number: 644/10

Registration district: Anderston

Civil Parish: Glasgow Anderston

County: Lanarkshire

Address: 53 Richard St

ED: 33

Household schedule number: 30

Line: 5

Roll: CSSCT1901_305

Household Members: Name Age

Francis Kennedy 42

Elizabeth Kennedy 37

Alice Kennedy 14

Allen Kennedy 16

Jane Kennedy 6

Elizabeth Kennedy 3

Caroline Kennedy 1

William Kennedy 44

Garry

• 9 months later...
Guest Christina M

Hi I am new to this but very interested in finding out information about my family members and their history in the war.

I came across inniskilling requesting information on Cpl Allan Kennedy - 2690 - 1st Bn Gordon Highlanders. Then very interested again because Shred answered many questions I had took a while to collect. I am very interested in this person as he is my great uncle and wondered if anyone could give me any information on him. I am particularly interested in finding out what battle / battles he was in and what wounds he had died of. I would like to know to pass on this info to my Dad - his nephew.

Thank you very much.

Christina M

Hi there Garry, thanks a lot for that, all the very best, yours Inniskilling :whistle:

Hi there Christina M,thanks a lot for that, I am doing some research on Corp Allan Kennedy, anything that I get, I will send to yo all the very best ,yours Inniskilling

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Christina M
Hi there Christina M,thanks a lot for that, I am doing some research on Corp Allan Kennedy, anything that I get, I will send to yo all the very best ,yours Inniskilling

Hi Inniskilling

That is very much appreciated! Thanks a lot! My Dad is very interested too - he was his uncle - his mums brother. I am doing this on his behalf, but am probably more interested than him now. Do you mind if I ask why you are interested? I found out where he is buried recently - I will dig out my papers if you are interested. As I said new to this and hope to get the hang of it! Please bare with me.

Very grateful for anything you find. :rolleyes:

Christina M