Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Book swap or gift

BigT

This may have been covered in the past, but I have a number of books WW1 & 2 which I would rather trade or give to a good home rather than a charity shop. Is this a possible new forum topic?

Thanks. One day I will open my eyes and read things!

• 9 years later...

A friend keeps giving me GW books, but they're not the ones I would choose for myself (ungrateful so and so I am). I would also be happy to exchange or give to a good home. Is this something which is possible at GWF conferences?

At GWF conference there are normally at least three or four tables with books for sale. I generally take surplus and duplicate titles along and even a few that I bought at bargain prices and saw a modest profit on. You would be welcome to do the same.  if you are looking for exchanges I would post something in advance in in the items for sale area with a list of titles that you want to dispose of, and maybe titles that you are interested in. That way you need only bring the books that you have a definite exchange for.

Keith

I've given a few away on here just asking for postage costs. Better they go somewhere to be appreciated 

To avoid misunderstanding - there would be nothing to stop you putting a some surplus books out at conference marked  Free, help yourself.   I just think any swaps would need to be arranged in advance.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the  replies and suggestions above...