The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

M/Cs on MIC under "Corps" + cause of discharge

Anthony N

This may seem a rather stupid question, but after printing off my first MIC's i can understand everything on them except on this one card.

Under "Corps" it has:

M/cs Depot

Under cause of discharge it has:

392 (XVI) RR

I don't know what either means, the cause of discharge is quite hard to read so what i have put down here might not quite be right. The date of discharge seems quite late, 1-8-19.

I asumed he was in the Manchester regiment. I haven't got his medals but a bunch of photos with him on & his name was written on the back of one of them.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Anthony

Anthony, Your cause of discharge without seeing the card is likely to be KR (Kings Regulations) Para 392 (xvi) No longer physically fit for war service. M/cs is probably the Manchesters Depot possibly Ashton-under-Lyne. Ralph.

Can you post his name & number, also any codes & page numbers

Thanks guys for the help.

I don't have access to Ancestry so a friend printed it out for me & there are numbers printed at the bottom but i can't read them all.

Here's what i do have:

Joseph Stanaway M/cs depot 49092 PTE Elistment 11-12-1915 Discharge 1-8-19

No on file badge: H/1/10434? 802/

Under action taken it reads: LIST H/2743/1

Here's what i can read from the bottom of the card:

W9369-RP3794-???,??? 2/19 HWV(P1005) K636

1238-RP426? ?0,000 6/?9

Hope that helps you out with your research.

As i said i haven't got his medals just some photos including a group photo.

Anthony

this is Joseph, there are several photos of him & some without him in.

post-43111-1234783301.jpg

post-43111-1234783410.jpg

Try and post the photo's individually so that we can get a better look at the cap badges etc, as from what I can see not all of the badges look the same, so coud possibly involve him being transferred at some time.

Can you have a look at H/1/10434? 802/ has it does not fit ( H/1/104 -34 gives you pages 6733-7344, were did you get 802 from. I'v found his SWB info

Here you go Roy.

post-6536-1234829482.jpg

Page number is actually 8021.

Anthony,

The numbers printed at the bottom of the card are actually part of the card (probably HM Stationery Office, or a War Office forerunner, reorder information - like a bar-code!) and don't relate to the individual.

Steve.

I have had a look at his card on Ancestry and the numbers are as follows :- H/1/104B 40 802/ underneath do do then List H/2743/1. The numbers etc at the bottom of the card are the print numbers ie 100,000 2/19 means that number of cards were printed in February 1919 50,000 6/19 that number printed June 1919. Hope this helps. Ralph.

Note to myself:- must type faster than Steve.

Thanks for all the help.

It's difficult without a scanner to get good shots. I am very busy at the moment with work but if i get a chance i will try to take individual shots of all photos with Joseph in them.

Would be interesting to find a different cap badge.

Anthony

Hi Anthony

Joseph was in the 22nd Bn the Manchester Regt. The medals he has are the British War Medal & Victory Medal, the medal were issue after 13th May 1921.

From the Silver War Badge roll.

Badge No B270946

Age 27 (you have the rest of the info from the card).

You should also try the Manchester Site at:

http://themanchesters.org/

Then follow the link to the forum.

Cheers Steve

Thanks Steve, so grateful for that, have just had a look at the website & the 22nd BN. fascinating stuff.

It amazes me just how much you guys can work out about these servicemen.

Anthony