Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Finding Stanley Lambert - RFA

reebrov

I have found the medal roll for 230512 Gnr Stanley Lambert under RFA under WO 372/11 but i don't know if this is my ancestor or not. I haven't been able to find any service or pension records that would show a DoB or enlistment area. Any ideas. My Stanley was been born in 1885 and would have enlisted in the Salford area.

Reebrov

Hi Reebrov,

I presume this is your Stanley? Taken from 1901 census.

Name: Stanley Lambert Junr.

Estimated Birth Year: abt 1885

Relation: Son

Father's Name: Stanley

Mother's Name: Esther

Where born: Elmdon, Essex, England

Civil Parish: Broughton

Ecclesiastical parish: Higher Broughton St James

County/Island: Lancashire

I, also, cannot find any records other than the MIC with the number you give. You need to visit/contact Salford local history library and search the asent voters list. I have searched the Ordsall section without luck.

Link to SLH Library

Good Luck,

Garry

Many thanks for searching Garry....Yes, that is the same person i am after but like you, i cannot confirm if it is the same person. Being born in 1885, i suspect he would of been of fighting age at least at the beginning of WW1.

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks for searching Garry....Yes, that is the same person i am after but like you, i cannot confirm if it is the same person. Being born in 1885, i suspect he would of been of fighting age at least at the beginning of WW1.

Still can't find any service record but I downloaded the medal card from the National Archives but only one side has been scanned. Is there anybody on here who has access to look at the other side? I know it is probably blank but you never know. This Stanley is looking more likely as his gt granddaughter showed me an artillery case yesterday that had been used in the Somme.