Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2/16th London Regiment - Queens Westminster Rifles

Mr Grinch

Hi all,

I have a chap that im researching who was a Private/Rifleman in this Battalion. His service record shows that he arrived in France on the 13th August 1918 and posted to the field with his unit on the 24th August. My chap was wounded, GSW left thigh whilst advancing near Messines on the 28th September 1918. Does anyone have the Battalions movements during this period ?? He was only in France for two months but was sent home after the being wounded as it went septic.

Any help, really appreciated.

Regards

James

James,

I have the War Diary for the Westminsters for 24th-29th August, 1918 which gives an account of their attack on 28th.

If you'd like it, PM me your e-mail address and I will send it.

Ken

James,

I have the War Diary for the Westminsters for 24th-29th August, 1918 which gives an account of their attack on 28th.

If you'd like it, PM me your e-mail address and I will send it.

Ken

Still looking for the Battalions whereabouts on the 28th Sept 1918. Any help out there ?

Regards

James

• 6 years later...

If you are still looking, 28 Sep 1918 at 3 pm the 2/16th London Regt attacked and took first objectives about U.1.d, U.2.c, U.7.b & d, U.8.a&c. These objectives were held night 28/29th. (Ref map sheet 28 near Messines, Belgium). I will try and attach a pic of the map.