Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Gor' Blimey cap

alex falbo

I've only seen two online ... one at pegasusmilitaria.com and one at www.motion-picture-props.com. Both are bloody expensive.

I've only seen two online ... one at pegasusmilitaria.com and one at www.motion-picture-props.com. Both are bloody expensive.

Alex.. where are you located? May I suggest, if your in the UK, that you seek out Dickie Knight = Khaki on Campaign. His items are second to none.

Or... Military History Workshop ( http://www.militaryhistoryworkshop.co.uk) - item code: BE.4097 = 45.00 GBP

Seph

Thats appreciated Alex. I live in the USA, but I'm an Englishman, and the exchange rate does seem to be a little over the top = 1x GBP = $0.69. The high postage is not a help either! Your not getting rubbish though with these two suppliers, your purchasing quality that will last. In Dickies case, he'll make the item to your measurements.

Due to my reenactment battalion representing my own countries WW1 Armed Forces, I source as many suppliers as possible, giving my members a choice, but recommending the best. Also, several suppliers on the market fall flat in reference to small details. Those details being the separation from: This is correct to the period.. to.. This will do. I recommend my chaps take the former, and pay that little bit more.

I have certain reservations with Motion Picture Props, for the very title sends me alarms.

At the end of the day... the choice is yours obviously.

Seph

I'll be honest with you Alex... if your prepaired to pay that little extra, you cannot go better than Dickie Knight. I think his Gor-Blimy's retail for about 55.00 GBP. Then of course, the postage is extra, which can sometimes be as high or higher than the items cost. Get in contact with him as soon as you can.. you'll find him very helpfull.

Seph

55 pounds is currently $72 which isn't that bad.

Does Dickie Knight have a Web site to see what he offers or do you just contact him privately?

Apparently at one point Pegasus Militaria was selling their goods through What Price Glory here in the U.S., but it seems not so anymore, unfortunately.

I'm actually a member of Richard "Dickie" Knights living history group, and have one of his gor'blimeys, still serving after use spanning nearly seven years. His items are usually pretty spot on, except for the odd error deliberately built in, and his caps are second to none. He can be contacted directly at:

khakioncampaignATtiscaliDOTcoDOTuk

(remember to change at for@ and DOT for . )

Remember to ask for a copy of his kit list at the same time, as he also does a wide range of kit spanning both World Wars, repairs to original kit, and many other things as well.

I was quite impressed with his site and his education of school children on what it was like to be Tommy in both wars. I will seek him out.