Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

General Aristide Razu of 22nd and 5th Romanian Infantry Divisions 1916

razu

Anyway ,to make an ideea of how corrupt is the military system today in romania:my brother went to army service for one year(my mother wantted him in university) and because we had money problems upon my mother death in 1999 my brother wanted to get a job as a jandarm(kind of city army). And to get this job he had to pay 4000 usd to a colonel named Nutiu at the time.Any way we did not had the money.In 2003 my brother died of accute tromboflebit(I don t know the english exact translation) aged 31.In all this time our house in Varsovia Street ,Bucharest is still lived by the ex employee of the Gospodaria de Partid(Communist Party).But the Iron Curtain and communism "fell" in 1989.

One more:My uncle Nicolae Balcescu made the revolution in Wallachia in 1848.He died in exile in Palermo,Italy,burried by the Cappuchins in their monastery,of TB which was a common disease in those days.And in the '70s a communist dellegation of"hisorians" went to Italy to bring back his earthly remains ,obviuosly to use them to communist propaganda.But they were denied the right to ungrave him.So poor Nicolae escaped communism to this day,2009.He was one great Franc-Mason-ic figures at the time of 1848.

Excellent photos, thank you. Is there any evidence, either from the photograph or other sources, that the wireless equipment was supplied by France?

Robert

Hi Robert.

I have this book called "The hisory Of the War for Rewhole Romania 1916-1919" by Constantin Kiritescu.In which the whole campaign is storyed.With every battle.There are to volumes of 600 pages each.I 'll have a look again in it to see exactly.

Andrei

Andrei, there is one image associated with your last post. It shows the interior of an ambulance. The image is very clear.

Robert

It is a picture taken at Duxford Imperial War Museum in Cambridgeshire,it is a diorama of a Lady Medic taking care of a wounded soldier,

Andrei, from the look of the review, it was a regiment and not just a company. Lovely photos.

The history book sounds very interesting. Does it include campaign maps as well? A resource for you to treasure.

Robert

Andrei, from the look of the review, it was a regiment and not just a company. Lovely photos.

The history book sounds very interesting. Does it include campaign maps as well? A resource for you to treasure.

Robert

Robert,

I was sure you will ask about the maps.

Yes it does.

Andrei.

Thanks. It is the Battle of Mărăşeşti that I am most interested in. Very difficult to get details of the Romanian perspective on this.

Robert

Thanks. It is the Battle of Mărăşeşti that I am most interested in. Very difficult to get details of the Romanian perspective on this.

Robert

I remember(I was told) that during one of these battles the King Ferdinand called my ggrandfather on the phone to propose deccorations,and Aristide said"we don t have time for medals now the land is being chopped by the enemy" and slammed the phone.And he was overlooked to a promotion....

Another story my mother told me is that Aristide suggested that english should not wear red uniforms because they re easy to spot....well it could be that she said that someone said .....I dont know if it is true ...

But I think they were in those days "real taugh ********"....

Robert

I ve send you the maps....

Thanks, Andrei. They have all arrived. I can see why you could not upload them. I will resize the images when I get back home, and then send you the versions that will upload to the Forum.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Robert

Robert,

Next battle in the book would be the battle of Oituz?Or I can start the campaign in 1916.With how did the Germans occupied the capital Bucharest ,in the first place.So what do you think shall we press on?

Andrei.

Andrei, I would be most interested in the battle of Oituz please. No doubt, however, there are many people on this Forum who are not familiar with the earlier 1916 campaign.

Robert

I Think that all the romanian theater of operation is interesting !!! We have so little think about it, even from russian study....and thanks a lot for the work done !

From France, I know a recent book, written with the repport to French governement by général Berthelot :

http://books.google.fr/books?id=dEOrU_4uPJ...q=roumanie+1916

I Think that all the romanian theater of operation is interesting !!! We have so little think about it, even from russian study....and thanks a lot for the work done !

From France, I know a recent book, written with the repport to French governement by général Berthelot :

http://books.google.fr/books?id=dEOrU_4uPJ...q=roumanie+1916

crapouillot,

At the reorganization of the Romanian Army , of the biggest contribution was made by French Military Mission.The Commander of the Mission was General Henry Mathias Berthelot.He was named by the Romanians "Father Bretalau",being the legendary personaj for reviving the Romanian Army.Also there were 277 Ofiicers,37 Pilots and Obsrevers,88 Medics and Farmacists,1150 inferior Grades.and soldiers completed the Mission.Also important was Colonel Petin,General Vouillemain,Colonel Marie Laffont.Also very important Doctor Clunet.General Berthelot was proclaimed Honorrary Citizen of the Kingdom of Romania,He received a Sword,ofcourse ,the Chambers have voted for him a burial place and a house on Romanian theritory.

Thank You.

Andrei

Excellent photos, thank you. Is there any evidence, either from the photograph or other sources, that the wireless equipment was supplied by France?

Robert

Robert,

I have enhanced the interrior of the Ford,and on all radio equipment says Radio L.L. Paris.

Andrei

post-43550-1235327702.jpg

Robert

Here one can see on the tenssion meters a name of a Firm,at the bootom,but very slightly.I'm sure someone who knows this firm can tell how is it named.Also i see word site.

Andrei

post-43550-1235328479.jpg

Well done, Andrei. That is just what I suspected. Thanks.

Robert

I can read

"Etablissements Radio L.L."

Série ?????

Type ????? N° ???

It means "L.L. Radio Factory", a french radio factory.

Maybe you can find it here : http://doctsf.com/grandlivre/preselection....679d82789a3ef5f

And the creator of the factory : http://dspt.club.fr/LEVY.htm

I can read

"Etablissements Radio L.L."

Série ?????

Type ????? N° ???

It means "L.L. Radio Factory", a french radio factory.

Maybe you can find it here : http://doctsf.com/grandlivre/preselection....679d82789a3ef5f

And the creator of the factory : http://dspt.club.fr/LEVY.htm

crapouillot.

Merci!I can read that as well.What I cannot read is what is written inside the ampermeter or inside the tension meter.So LL is Lucien Levy....Paris.

Andrei

Andrei, I would be most interested in the battle of Oituz please. No doubt, however, there are many people on this Forum who are not familiar with the earlier 1916 campaign.

Robert

Rober,

Indeed,I must say ,with this answer you put me ,slightly, into fog.

Quite!

Andrei

Robert,

I have more pictures with the Signalling and Communication Regiment,but it seems I only am able to upload them poor quality ,so I will send them to you.

Thankyou.

Andrei

p.s.So what do you think about Oituz battle?it is taking place arround same time with Marasesti and also with the next one,which is the battle on Vrancea Hills.