Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Forum Awards

Skipman

How about a forum awards spot for the best.... most.....

Don't know how it would work but say;

The most helpful pal......my nominee Sotonmate, always there to help newbies and any one else.

The worst Punctuation ...... Skipman ';;/,.

etc etc

The man who's signed the most books...his own, and other people's......

Is there a 'nobbly knees' award? I believe I know of a suitable candidate.

Seriously though !

There are many Forum members who do sterling work for others and no doubt we could all put a number of names forward.

sm

So long as we don't have anything associated with the Gazette cos Stebie would win it every time :D

For matters Artillery, I would propose, essdee, KONDOA and orokorp (who thanks to them have greatly increased my knowledge

of my Grandfathers service).

Just check out the ratio of essdee members posts to members topics!

I also very much appreciate all contributors to the "interpreting service records and medal index cards section", keep em coming.

Best regards,

Norman

Colonial Nice Guy (but all Canadians are, really!)

Perhaps named "Mentioned in Dispatches", thus enabling a rolling credit system and the possibility of multiple MID citations, thus totalled at year end. Suggest the smug B***tard that wins is SAD.

Roop

On what paramaters would such an award be considered objectively and by whom?

To give a serious answer, nominations could be invited. Then, say, the five people who have received most nominations go to a popular vote (using the "poll" facility).

So, who do I vote for? The person who I know answers losts of questions but, perhaps, superficially. or the person who has detailed knowledge of a particular unit or aspect of the war and who was the only person to respond to someone's query which allowed them to finally identify their ancestor? So, I wouldnt be voting in this poll, because the latter person probably isnt going to be up there.

It wouldn't be too controversial to reward really helpful guys like Sotonmate, or amusing people like ....... would it?

It was a slightly tongue in cheek suggestion. :D

It wouldn't be too controversial to reward really helpful guys like Sotonmate, or amusing people like ....... would it?

It was a slightly tongue in cheek suggestion. :D

I would certainly award Norman (Sotonmate) an SRD of the best rum we can find. He's added a lot to my SRD thread and his first hand knowledge of Military Rum Management is unique.

John