Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Displaying a collection

scottmarchand

Okay, some of you have bought/read Vic Taboika's book on his collection. Vic is a good friend of mine and he has okayed me putting up a few pictures, and this is only a small selection of his collection to show you how it is displayed. he bought the house next door to his and converted it into a display gallery, the first floor is WW I, the second floor WW II, the basement pre 1914 and aviation and Misc. It is a bit mind blowing the first 5 or six tiems you go, then you sort of get accustom to it.

First floor, half of the WW I collection

vic2.jpg

close up

vic3.jpg

a bit of the WW II stuff upstairs

vic4.jpg

I can post more if anyone is interested.

More...please!

Fantastic - I'm hoping to get to Toronto later this year. Do you think he'd welcome a visitor? And if so, how do I get in touch?!

Cheers

Peter

Fantastic Collection the BEST i have seen to date in 40 years collecting, but to much stuff you are drawn away from one thing to another and to much information to take in he needs more space to show that museum quality collection of.

Dan

:oI think I just soiled myself!

Seriously, what an outstanding collection and what a remarkable display! He has much to be proud of and a lot of museums could learn a thing or two here! Well done! :rolleyes:

This is the best collection of uniforms I have seen outside a museum, Wonderfull!! Thanks for the photographs.

Cheers Rob

I haven't ever actually met Victor but I did correspond with him some years back after we'd been bidding on similar ebay items. It died away after a while, as these things tend to, but I must say he came across as a thoroughly good chap. It's great to actually see some of the collection, even if as Macrae has said the sheer quantity of it is in danger of swamping you.

What an amazing collection and display! I would love to see some of the pre-1914 stuff if that is alright with the moderators.

Thank you,

Jonathan

more as requested, more WW I a gratuitous WW II and some misc. Keep in mind that about 90% of the collection is Canadian!

RFC stuff

vic9.jpg

Close ups of things

vic8.jpg

vic7.jpg

last bunch worth posting:

vic13.jpg

vic14.jpg

vic5.jpg

Glad you like it. As I unpack more stuff of mine as I move to teh ne collections room I'll post more rarities and oddball stuff that I have.

Obviously a man who chooses his items very carefully, quality quality quality.

Mick

Looking forward to seeing, as you say "The oddball stuff" What a wonderful collection.

Thanks for sharing the photographs.

Rob.

This gives new meaning to the whole "blue man crew" thing I suppose! :D

Really like those incredible hussar uniforms. How long did it take to build a collection this impressive? Again, thanks for posting the photos, this is amazing.

Is this museum open to the public? ;)

Beautiful collection. The stress of looking after all that fabric and leather would probably send me to an early grave :(