Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

mic look up london regiment.

herbie4798

hi all. could someone do a mic look up for Branchflower, Charles E, private 1955. i did post this in my previous thread but was hidden away.

james

Details from the MIC: 1955 Charles Esau Branchflower, 10th Battalion, London Regiment. Landed Gallipoli 10th August 1915. Killed in action 17th August 1915.

thanks jim. is there any chance i could have a copy please? i believe he is 1 of 2 brothers killed with the battallion.

james

James,

Here it is

Cheers Andy.

i believe he is 1 of 2 brothers killed with the battallion

James, you may be right. George was killed in action on 19 April 1917 and buried in the Gaza War Cemetery. Both in the same Battalion and both enlisted in Hackney according to SDGW.

Cheers Andy.

andy, it all adds up, both joining their local regiment and unfortunatly both killed. george was killed the same day as my great grandad. going through the CWGC last nite for casualties from the battallion at Gallipolli found another Branchflower. made me think. from the 1911 cenus it shows they had another brother, born 1891, i wonderd if he served? is there anyway a MIC look up could be done with the limited info we have? An upside is that it is an uncommon name.

james

Certainly, James this one for George.

post-41030-1232883839.jpg

thanks andy. sorry mate i allready have this MIC. i mucked up my last post. charles and George had another brother. William A Branchflower, is there enough info there for a MIC search?

thanks again mate

james

Right,

Complete re-write of this post. [You're probably thinking what a nutter :P ]

At the time of the 1901 census there was

William A Banchflower 43

Jane Branchflower 42

Jane Branchflower 16

Henry Branchflower 18

Rosina M Branchflower 2

Samuel Branchflower 12

William A Branchflower 10

Charles E Branchflower 7

George Branchflower 4

Charles and George, and now William, we have.

Cheers Andy.

post-41030-1232885796.jpg

thanks andy, thats great info, i dont reckon that could be edward either, dont think that there was many 15 year old vets. that just leaves thomas, if it was him i wonder why he joined another regiment. is there any info on him on sdgw, ie enlistment area? thanks for all your help mate.

james

James,

Re-wrote the previous reply as got the last name spelt wrong. Two posts up are those in the family. There is a MIC for a Henry, but I don't think so. None of the others have one either.

Cheers Andy.

andy you nutter :D mate thats excellent. thanks for all that info. cant get over how much i have found out in a couple of hours.

best regards james