Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medal Card-King's Regulations 392 (XI)

13tolmie

I have a Medal Card for Leslie B. Taylor, R.A.S.C. Regtl No. T4/251910

In the comments section, it states: Forfeits Medals Dis. 392(XI). How can I find information on the specific reason for his discharge? I live in Canada but will be in London in March. Would be willing to go to the National Archives if needed.

Wendy

Toronto

Hello Wendy,

KR's: Paragraph-292 covers 9 pages, but section: xi, which can be found on page-89, deals with misconduct. The instances dealt with are in four sub-sections = Misconduct at home (presumably the UK), In India, Other stations abroad, or.. Man sent home for discharge. To have his medals forfeited, he must have done something really untoward.

Upon further reading, medal forfeiture is also mentioned in paras: 1738, 1746, 1761, 1762.

As soon as I have found, read and understood those para's, I'll post the findings for you.

Seph

Hello Wendy,

KR's: Paragraph-292 covers 9 pages, but section: xi, which can be found on page-89, deals with misconduct. The instances dealt with are in four sub-sections = Misconduct at home (presumably the UK), In India, Other stations abroad, or.. Man sent home for discharge. To have his medals forfeited, he must have done something really untoward.

Upon further reading, medal forfeiture is also mentioned in paras: 1738, 1746, 1761, 1762.

As soon as I have found, read and understood those para's, I'll post the findings for you.

Seph

Thanks Seph

Look forward to reading what you manage to find.

Wendy

Hi Ady

Thanks for the suggestion. It is a great website.

I am however, still interested in discovering the specifics of his discharge. Wonder if there is a paper trail I could follow?

Wendy