Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Signalling Telescope Stands (Tripods),

srf

I did see that. They all came together. That's all I know. Most are still in my possession, only a 1916 one is gone.

Do you have the wooden tripod pictured in this photo?

it would date from before the war, perhaps as early as 1925 and was used until the early 1940’s

i have the metal one but would like to find the wooden one to complete my collection. I have the original canvas and leather carry case for it but no tripod!

if you can help that would be ace, it would be for museum display!

ed

0726AF20-BB6B-4CEA-AB84-493A388C8D48.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 29/10/2018 at 02:52, museumtom said:

How much would you be selling the WW1 signalling scope stands for? Are they complete?

Sorry for late reply. Other priorities, like house building and fishing, have distracted me. For now I will not offer any for sale. I continue to collect and restore them to keep myself busy. Thanks for the enquiry. The WW1 stands are about in fair numbers so you should not have too much trouble finding one so good luck.

• 4 years later...

I have a full size telescope stand that I’ve had for quite a while now, but it differs to the standard stands of the era by having an additional leather strap to the top. Broad arrow marked with what I assume a serial number….it would be gratefully appreciated if someone could give me an idea as to variant/model etc.

Dave.

IMG_5620.jpeg

IMG_5621.jpeg

IMG_5622.jpeg