Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pals Cap and Shoulder Badges

trenchtrotter

Nice one Alan, very useful. The reverse of mine is rather smooth, and the brass rather yellow. Useful for curiosity value, at least!

Best

Peter

Gents,

Thankyou to all who have contributed so far. I hope that people find this useful, I certainly do! Please keep adding, contributing and even questioning. This is what it is all about.

I like the OSD Wandsworth badge and War Dogs badge is very similar to mine and I would be happy ( in fact his is in far better condition than mine Grrrrrrrr!) with it. I like the Bermondsay collars too. A collector friend of mine who built up a superb collection very quickly only to sell huge chunks off later has retained his and I keep trying to prize them of him.

As for the story behind the second batch of Wandsworth badges it is an unconfirmed story but worth keeping in mind.....you never know!

Keep posting....you never know we might make it into classics!

Regards

TT

Will do - got some more to go, yet...thanks for starting it - just as I'd hoped

Liverpool Pals next in my sights, with some interesting variation.

Peter

Will do - got some more to go, yet...thanks for starting it - just as I'd hoped

Liverpool Pals next in my sights, with some interesting variation.

Peter

I'm looking forward to the Royal Fusiliers Jewish Battalions. Another nightmare!

I recently found I could not post anymore pictures and I had to delete my pictures on the GWF. This sorted things for a week or two but this is now the case again. Any tips? I'm not very tech. minded. Cheers, Paul.

Another badge posted for 7t2ndswinger (Keith), who say's he thinks this one's original. Note variation in the fixing of the white and brass metal components...He points out the similar squarish plumes, too.

[Wardog - how big are your files?]

Cheers

Peter

post-29053-1232405626.jpg

I'm looking forward to the Royal Fusiliers Jewish Battalions.

Any chance someone has a genuine Royal Fusiliers (Frontiersmen) badge they can post an image of?

Steve

Any chance someone has a genuine Royal Fusiliers (Frontiersmen) badge?

Steve

Good luck with that one Steve! I'd like to see one of those rare beasts, too!

Peter

Good luck with that one Steve! I'd like to see one of those rare beasts, too!

You never know your luck, I await the miracle with eager anticipation :lol: .....

post-23505-1232409693.jpgAnd pic of back( from a later photo session, hench different background, but same badge ! ) The badge is mine, but pics are from my older files for previous postings on other forums.

Made by affixing a hand-made scroll to an engraved GG badge by a local garage, according to regt. history.

Cheers,again !

Steve W

There are varieties,especially of the 2nd pattern. Most duds, of those, have a shorter slider & no gap under the grenade.

The example shown there is O/R's. Officers were cast bronze .

PS: Keith's PW Pioneer Btln. badge is the best that I've seen in 30+ years. Very nice !!

Cheers Mate !

Steve (NZ)

Hello Pete. I post pictures from 'My pictures', JPEGS of 97KB or less. On the Replying area of this forum it says 'Attachments, Select a file,Attachment space used 1.06MB of 1MB.' Under Upload on the right it says 'Max. single upload size:2MB' Any ideas?. Cheers, Paul.

There are varieties,especially of the 2nd pattern. Most duds have a shorter slider & no gap under the grenade.

The example shown there is O/R's. Officers were cast bronze .

PS: Keith's PW Pioneer Btln. badge is the best that I've seen in 30+ years. Very nice !!

Cheers Mate !

Steve (NZ)

I wish it was mine Steve, I only have the picture for reference! I could have had it and had the chance in a trade but passed it by.

Keith

Hello Pete. I post pictures from 'My pictures', JPEGS of 97KB or less. On the Replying area of this forum it says 'Attachments, Select a file,Attachment space used 1.06MB of 1MB.' Under Upload on the right it says 'Max. single upload size:2MB' Any ideas?. Cheers, Paul.

You need to downsize it a bit. If you have that facility, 'save for web' is a good way - that compresses it. I use photoshop to do it, but other similar programmes will.

Cheers

Peter

Cheers Mate !

Steve (NZ)

How about the others? Doubtful?

Cheers

Peter

Here's my RF Jewish Bns badge. May have been dug-up, not sure, but would welcome feedback!

Cheers

Peter

post-29053-1232448832.jpg

post-29053-1232448843.jpg

25th Royal frontiersmen Fusiliers........

Steve

Cheers for posting the images it's appreciated. Probably a silly question but I've never seen or handled a proper one so how do you know these are genuine? I'm not being antagonistic or anything, just very interested and keen to learn.

Regards

Steve